2. Confusion

Selenia's actress: Ana De Armas (I was so happy when I found this picture of her where she looks younger. So Selenia can grow older in appearance as the story continues!)

'Thinking'

Selenia's pov (point of view)

***

When I woke up I was in the infirmary. White hospital beds with white scratchy sheet were sepperated by blue medical curtains.

No one was there and I quickly got up, ignoring the dizzy spell in my head.

I checked if Dan, Jacob or Stacy were somewhere in the other beds. 'Good. This means they aren't hurt.' I thought and started walking to the door. I didn't want to miss the sorting hat ceremony of the new students or the feast of first day.

The halls were empty and my left foot was sore. I checked and there was a fist sized bruise on my knee.

I quickly stopped to look at myself in the mirror. Despite some mud on the bottom of my robe and in my shoes. I looked fine. I combed my fingers through my messy hair and patted it down a little.

My hair is dark brown or black depending on who you are asking. I have green eyes and fair skin. I look like my father. I even had to use glasses similar to his but last year I switched to contact lenses. I'm basically blund without them since the world looks like a wet painting with all the colors smudged together. My brows are defined and my face heart shaped.

During my way to the great hall I didn't see a soul.

When I opened the doors and stepped into the great hall I could hear the chairs squeak as the students turned around to stare.

"Great. Someone's late." A student whined.

"Miss. Please sit down." I heard McGonagall say at the front of the room. She was in the middle of putting the sorting hat on a little girl's head.

"Sorry for being late gran." I said and sat at the nearest free spot on the Gryffindor table.

"Now let's continue." Granny McGonagall said and placed the hat on the girls head who was then sorted into ravenclaw.

"Hello. I don't think I've met any of you before." I said as I greeted the people I was sitting by.

"I haven't seen you before either. I thought I knew everyone in Gryffindor." An older female student and flicked a lock of her sand brown hair behind her back. "I am the headgirl." The girl stated smugly and pointed at the headgirl pin on her robe.

"I thought Lindsey was the headgirl. Or that's what she said in a letter this summer." I said and felt a little confused.

"Lindsey? Must have been lying. And anyway the only Lindsey is in slytherin and their headgirl is Amanda." The gryffindor headgirl said with an annoyed look on her face.

"No we have a Lindsey in slytherin too. Short blonde hair, always smiling." I said and looked around trying to find her. "I can't seem to spot her though." At that I was confused. Lindsey was always one of the first people at the great hall and thus always seated herself at the front of the table.

"Anyway I didn't catch your name."

"Oh. I'm Selenia. Fifth year student." I said and smiled at the headgirl.

"Is that so..." The headgirl looked at me suspiciously while a boy on my left started talking to me.

"Nice to meet you Selenia. I'm Colin Creevey." The boy was overly exited smiling so widely I could see all his teeth. He was short and tiny of his build and he had a camera hanging on his neck.

"Hello. Are you a photographer?" I asked to start up a conversation.

"Yes. I mostly take pictures of Harry. I have three photo albums full of pictures of him. He has grown 3,8 inches this summer so he has new robes to fit him better. These photos are coming out really handsomly." The boy said and his eyes sparkled. He was clearly obsessed with this Harry.

"My father's name is Ha-" I was caught off when McGonagall sorted the last child -a little boy with the name of Stan Greyson- into gryffindor and the whole gryffindor house cheered.

"What did you say your last name was?" A girl on my right with red hair asked.

"I didn't say my last name." I said and tried to avoid the question. "You know you kind of look like a friend of my fathers."

"Oh really? My name is Ginny." The girl said.

"Wait really?" I was confused, but had to stop talking again as an elderly man stood up at the teachers table. His beard and hair were long and white. He had deep blue eyes and he was wearing a grey gown with intriquite designes.

I felt like a lightbult lit in my head. "That's Albus Dumbledore." I gasped out with my jaw falling basically onto the floor.

"Well yeah of course. He is the headmaster afterall. Now hush, I want to hear his speech." The headgirl said and turned to look at the headmaster.

'How is this possible? Albus Dumbledore is dead. I know he is. Dad saw him die. The wizarding world would be in a media frenzy if he just appeared from the dead.' I thought frantically. 'Is this a joke? No.' I looked around and realized... 'I don't know these people.'

"Sorry, have you seen Stacy around?" I asked Colin.

"Would you please be quiet?" The headgirl said again.

Colin however leaned in and asked as a whisper: "Who is Stacy?"

"Blonde, curvy, dating Jacob. Has a pink skirt instead of grey." I said back silently. 'How could he not know Stacy?'

"Sorry. I don't know anyone here by that description." Colin answered.

My eyes widened. That settles it. Everyone knows Stacy. She is the most popular girl in school. You can't ignore her sultry precense.

Quickly I got up my seat, almost falling over myself. "I... I need to go." I said quickly and dashed out of the room with my head spinning. Freaking out I almost collapsed against the door before collecting myself and running out of the castle and over to the black lake. I sat at the edge of it. Just thinking. Ideas and possibilities about what was going on were running in my head.

All I could feel was confusion.

***

What did you think?

I think my writing improved a little in this chapter.

I wanted to make her realization big and dramatic and for it to happen infront of everyone at the great hall but there really was no way of twisting that without people thinking something was wrong with Selenia.

Word count: 1103