6. Lunch

That night I didn't sleep much. Too many confused thoughts were running through my head. The night seemed to strech on forever while I layed in my bed waiting for the sun to rise so I could get up.

Eventually I gave up taking the book Dumbledore had given me and going to read it at the common room.

Neville was asleep on the couch and someone had drawn a mustache on his face... Probably Fred or George... 'Oh my, I'm in hogwarts at the same time as Fred and George... Their pranks are legendary.'

Shaking that thought out of my head I shook Neville gently on the shoulder. "Neville wake up. It's not good for you to sleep on the sofa. Go to your bed."

"Oh, okay." Neville said and stumbled to the staircase. "Night, Selenia."

"Night, Neville." And there I sat, reading until morning.

"Did you sleep at all?" Hermione asked as she greeted me in the morning.

"I did, for like 15 minutes." I said with a sigh. I'm just nervous." I went and got my school books for the day from my trunk.

Transfiguration. 'Granny Minerva. No I can't call her that. Headmistress McGonagall. Nope, not yet. Professor McGonagall.'

I entered the class and sat with Neville. We were at the very front of the class and I didn't have time to consentrate on the other students in the class. I just listened to the teaching and stared at professor McGonagall. The woman I had grown to call granny. I wished that at least she would remember me.

It was painful to be around family without them remembering me.

The class ran by fast unlike the night.

"Miss Selenia." McGonagall said as I was packing: "Stay for a moment please."

She sat behind her desk and waited for the other students to leave.

"Now miss Selenia, I understand that coming to a new school can be difficult and learning the school's ways might take a while. But in this school we call our teachers professor, not granny." McGonagall said with a strict voice.

'I hoped she hadn't noticed that.' "Sorry, professor. I will learn hogwarts ways." I promised.

"Good. If you have any questions you can come find me." She promised with a small smile.

McGonagall looked different here in the past. She still had the same small reading glasses, and the same black witch's hat. She didn't have the crows feet at the ends of her eyes from laughing and she was missing the small smile she always had.

"Thank you professor." I said and left the classroom. After two more classes it was finally time for lunch.

I was a little early at lunch so I got a good spot at the front of the gryffindor table, near the professors.

"Good day students. I wish for your attention for a moment. We have a new student at here at hogwarts. Some of you might have already met her. She is a transfer student from beauxbatons. She has skipped a year and thus will be joining the fifth-years." Dumbledore said. "As an exception she will be sorted now."

McGonagall stepped forwards with the sorting hat and dumbledore floated a three legged chair at the front of the great hall.

I walked over as Dumbledore said my name: "Selenia Potter."

My eyes flashed to his. During this whole time I avoided saying my last name, thinking that Dumbledore would just make one up for me.

"Did he say Potter?"

"There is only one Potter in the wizarding community."

"Is she related to Harry?"

"Biggest gossip ever."

I could hear the students whisper as I sat on the chair and avoided eye contact with everyone.

"Well hello there little lady Potter. You Potters are always so difficult to sort in a house. An almost perfect balance between a couragious gryffindor and a sly slytherin." The hat said as it came to life. "Which one should I put you in. I am quite interested in what you would become if sorted into slytherin but I can see you wouldn't be too fond of that so I must put you in... Gryffindor!"

The gryffindors cheered and I walked over to the table, not too surprised on the outcome. I didn't sit down because I was surprised on the questions being bombarded at me. "Umm, da- I mean Harry!"

"Over here." I heard Hermione yell almost at the other end of the hall.

I started walking towards them, feeling more nervous than ever. I walked past so many gossiping students and then... I fell flat on my face.

I could hear people laughing and giggling. My face was all red and I knew I would get a bruise on my cheek.

I had tripped on something. I got up, dusted myself off and wasn't surprised by what I saw... Romilda Vane laughing with her foot sticking out from under the bench. 'She tripped me over. That snake!'

"We need to talk." I said when I finally reached him. 'Dad, I need you right now, but you don't know who I am. You don't know how much you will love me...'

I could hear how the students held their breath and leaned in, their chairs squeaking.

"Not here... We need to be alone." I said sending a glare at the people listening in. Shamefully some people even stood on their chairs to see us.

"Hermione and Ron follow me everywhere." Dad... Harry said.

"No. Alone. Follow me." I said and walked out of the great hall.

***

Words: 902

What did you think? Thoughts? Talk to me in the comments or send a message!

<3