9. Snape

"Well... Miss Potter." Snape said with a face, showing pure glee of the situation he had found me in. After curfew, wondering around. Free to be given a punishment to. "What are you doing in the corridors... At this hour of the night." His voice was deep and dark with a sultry edge to it. 'How come dad never mentioned that his voice is like honey?'

I knew what Snape had done. All of his accomplishments... How he loved grandma Lily and he had cared for dad too. How he lived as a double agent and it cost him his life.

"I was just... Lost. Must have lost track of time." I said quickly making my way around him.

"Were you alone?" Severus asked.

"Yes." I said quickly. Too quickly for it to sound believable.

"So I didn't see you vacate the gryffindor common room with Mr. Potter, the Weasleys and Miss. Granger?" Snape asked sounding proud of himself.

"No you must have been seeing things. As a matter of fact Mr. Potter and I are not in speaking terms." I lied through my teeth.

"Then how come you left the great hall with Mr. Potter and haven't been seen since?" Snape asked. Walking next to me with his arms locked together behind his back.

"We had a long discussion which ended with him yelling at me and telling me to leave him alone, which is just what I intend to do." Another lie. I will get caught if I keep spinning things up as I go.

"And why would Mr. Potter be angry at a surprise relative when he has no other family to speak of?" Snape asked, keeping his tone natural, almost indifferent.

"A surprise relative that never reached out. All these years." I said. It was true. Harry should be angry at the person I'm pretending to be. "Harry has the right to be furious."

For a moment we walked side by side quietly.

When I turned to go up a flight of stairs, Snape caught my arm: "And you are going to admit defeat?"

"I have to let him cool down." I said and since Snape's hold felt uncomfortable, I did what came naturally and linked my arm through his as we walked up the stairs. "You know how Harry is. Probably better than I do since I know only what the tabloids have been saying. I can't push him too hard, too fast. He'll get suspicious as one does about everything when constantly threatened to be killed by a raging mad man."

Snape did frown thoughtfully at our sudden closeness and the friendly linking of arms, but did nothing to remove me from his person.

"The boy will shrug off whatever doubts he might have about you. He is naive and ready to do anything for a family. That includes putting himself at risk." Snape said.

"Maybe you are right. He did believe Sirius Black not to have done what was accused in a mere hour. And Black was only his godfather. I'm a cousin. A blood relative."

"Mr. Potter doesn't care about blood." Snape said with a scuff.

"And yet he does not truly think of the Weasleys as family. If he truly didn't care about blood, he would think of himself part of that ridiculously big family. Thus he does care. He just doesn't see it." I said with surprisingly talented observation.

Snape stared at me for a minute: "I know the hat wanted to put you in slytherin. You would have fit well in my house."

"Severus, my boy." Headmaster Dumbledore's joyful voice boomed in the corridor. "I am glad to see you get along with at least one of the Potter's. However I believe it has already passed Miss. Potter's bedtime."

"Of course headmaster Dumbledore." I said with a smile before walking away to the gryffindor common room with a polite: "Good night gentlemen."

I knew a lot about Severus Snape even though I had never met him before. I knew what qualities he appreciated in a person and how he wished people to act. I know what kind of company he seeked and what irked him. I knew I had pushed it with the linking of the arms but no one was around and I wanted to see how he would react. Not to bad. While talking to him I had changed the way I spoke entirely, to make him see me more as an equal and less as an annoying student.

I knew from dad's experiences that Severus Snape was not a man you wanted as an enemy. So I acted accordingly to stop him from becoming that. And after all he didn't have anything against me personally. Not yet at least...

Soon I was in my n -courtesy of Hogwarts- and laying restlessly in bed. Sleep wouldn't come no matter what I tried. Finally I gave up and with a sigh I got up from the bed. 'Second night in a row with no sleep.' I thought and walked down the stairs and down to the common room -my bare feet making a funny slapping sound on the rock stairs- and realizing that I had to find a way to sleep when my vision was even more foggy than normally. I didn't have my contacts in so I was thankful I knew the common room by memory.

That didn't turn out to help me as much as I thought since I stubbed my toe on something rock solid. "Fuckity fuckity fuck!" I yelled but not as loud as usual since I didn't want anyone to wake up. Jumping on one foot while holding the hurt other I angrily -fueled by my sleepiness- walked up the stairs to the boys dormitory. Not really thinking about it I opened the door to the boys fifth-year dormitory and looked for the bed of my father. Took me a while since I was blind as a bat -and didn't want to stumble on the wrong bed- I finally found my dad's bed and opened the drapes around the bed.

He was awake. Harry had a tired look on his face as he was reading a book with his wand casting lumos. Not saying a thing I lifted up the covers and climbed in.

"Hey you can't-" Harry started putting on his glasses. "Oh, hi Serena... Couldn't sleep?"

Shaking my head I pulled the book Harry had been reading to me, scrunching my eyes to see better. I knew my sight was worse than Harry's but I still wondered how he could read without his glasses. "That's James and Lily." I noted suddenly. He wasn't reading, he was looking at a photo album.

"Yeah, Hagrid gave me this." Harry said with a smile.

In the picture James and Lily were dancing -I think- and looking happily at the camera.

Harry took the photo album from me and put it on the night table. "We can look at them together tomorrow we'll take it with us to breakfast."

"Okay." I nodded.

Harry took off his glasses and gave me a warm hug. Just like he did when I was a kid and scared of thunder.

It was a good thing Harry didn't want me to go to my own bed -I wouldn't have left even if he wanted to- because I was already asleep.

***

Words: 1213

What did u think? Comments = 👩‍💻

NO THERE WILL NOT BE ANYHTING BETWEEN HARRY AND SELENIA. Sorry.