3. Truth

I sat at the lake for what seemed like hours but in truth I knew it hadn't been longer than fifteen minutes. I watched as a long tentacle rose from the lake and twitched in the air a little before retreating back under the surface.

But even I knew that that was impossible. The giant squid died shortly after the was of Hogwarts where Voldemort met his demise. My father.

I could remember the feeling of my magic spreading uncontrollably after while the thunder roared and the carriage fell. Maybe it was possible that I...

No. I wasn't strong enough to do something like that.

"It is a beautiful night isn't it?" A deep but somehow soft voice said behind me.

"Oh. Headmaster Dumbledore..." I whipped a tear off my cheek. "I was just-"

"-Crying." Dumbledore finished for me so that I wouldn't lie. "Now what has upset you so my child?"

"I... You can't really be here. So is this a dream? You're dead." I mumbled and got up from the sand that was dry even though I could remember it raining like on monsoon season.

Dumbledore suddenly had a knowing look on his face. "I believe... This is a subject better to speak about in a more private place. Follow me to my office, my child."

I followed headmaster Dumbledore silently passing many students on the way as they left the great hall to go into their dormitories and unpack.

That's when I saw him: "Dad?" I watched as a man with black messy hair and round glasses spoke to a man with red hair and a woman with brown curly hair. Uncle Ron and auntie Hermione.

But as I walked just a few steps towards them I saw that these were just teenagers. Not the adults I knew. These were just two boys and a girl but... The resemblance was uncanny.

"Come now. Follow me." Dumbledore said and placed his hand on my back

"Lemon drop." Dumbledore said to the hawk gargoyle covering the entrance to his office. The staircase was uncovered and Dumbledore allowed me to walk ahead.

His office was similar to McGonagall's when she was headmistress. Books everywhere a main desk and a big chair behind it. Two chairs for visitors in front of it. A sofa in front of the fire place and trinkets and weird objects all around.

"Sit down my child." Dumbledore requested and I sat down in a chair in front of his desk while he sat on the big one behind it.

"Lemon drop?" Dumbledore asked and handed me a box of them. I accepted one and instantly felt the stress leave my shoulders, and felt calmer.

"What is in these?" I asked with a surprised look on my face.

"A thing most don't know about me is that I have quite the temper. I have the lemon drops made for me especially. They are made of a special mix of potions that calm me down when I feel my temper flaring." Dumbledore said with a smile. "Now tell me what is your name, child?"

"My name is Selenia. I'm a fourth year student here at Hogwarts." I said and felt awkward.

"Are you now?" He asked with an amused raise of his brow. "You are in gryffindor."

"Yes."

"Tell me what year is it?" Dumbledore asked and leaned closer over the desk staring so deep into my eyes that I felt like he could see right through me.

"I..." I think about this for a moment and admit defeat: "I don't know but... I don't believe this to be my time."

Dumbledore nodded. "It is 1996. We must be quite far from where you are coming from."