33. Decisions

"Hey, Selenia." Harry said the second I walked into the common room. "Are you okay? What did she make you do in detention? I will have mine tomorrow at 5pm."

"I just had to write some lines." I say and tug my hand into my pocket. I shouldn't influence what would happen. As much as I didn't want him to, Harry would have to endure the detentions.

"Oh, well that's not so bad. McGonagall warned me about her." Harry says as a whisper: "It was pretty weir actually, but I want to pass it on to you. You shouldn't get in trouble fighting impossible fights with her."

I nod: "I'm getting pretty tired. It's rather late. I think I'll retire for today." I say and off to go upstairs.

That night I didn't sleep much, but for some reason, it didn't bother me the next day. I got up early to go to breakfast alone. Avoiding Harry. I was afraid of spilling the beans and warning him about Dolores's cruel detention method.

First class was double charms. We had professor Flitwick who stood on a mass of gigantic books so students could see him. His voice was high-pitched but all in all, he was a good teacher. At least he wasn't as boring as professor Binns.

When I bolted out of the class before Harry could even pack away his books he got worried. But I was determined and needed to speak with Prince. But this made me halt at the door. It wasn't Prince. Prince wasn't even real. Just something Malfoy had pretended to be to be malicious to me. To torment me...

My only friend that wasn't from Harry's group wasn't even sincere in their friendship.

I had a break before transfiguration class and headed outside. Thinking of Malfoy had made me gloomy and I thought that some fresh air might clear my head.

All of this was stressful to me. Suddenly I was in another time, meeting people that were dead in my time. Trying to keep hidden this huge secret.

I sat down by the fountain in the middle of the clock tower courtyard. This wasn't a popular spot for students during break so I wasn't surprised to find myself alone.

"Mhh... It is peaceful here isn't it?" A voice calls out and I snap my head turning to look at the woman standing only a few feet away looking around quite calmly. This was different from the stoic moves and emotions she showed in class.

Dolores was a familiar sight in her pink clothing. I had met her in my own time too. Her hair had turned silver by then and she had relaxed, but only slightly. The war had opened her eyes and even when she still was stern, she actually had started to see flaws in the system. There she knew that even the ministry wasn't perfect.

I only nod in silence.

"Do you mind if I join you?" She asks and I already know I have no right to deny her anything. She is my teacher and might even give me more detention.

"I think you can do whatever you like. You're the teacher, who am I to say?" It sounded like cheek, but my voice was calm and far from icy or annoyed.

"Why do you insist in having your hair like that?" She asks with a sigh.

"Huh?" I thought the conversation would have been over at that and I was slightly irritated that I came her to be alone and now she was starting a conversation.

"This... Crowsnest upon your head." She made a face.

I shrugged and pulled my shoes off from my feet and turned around to dip my now bare feet into the fountain. I heard her whisper something and suddenly the water turned warm from the freezing temperatures it had been before.

I sat with my back to her, my feet swaying slightly in the water. Until I froze the second I felt fingers in my hair. I tried to turn to look at her but she pulled a little from my hair and commanded: "Keep your head still."

And I felt her pick apart my messy bun and with a flick of her wrist turn her wand into a brush and start going through my hair. I had always liked getting my hair brushed so I said nothing. This woman was horrible, but right now I wanted to avoid trouble so I allowed her to go through with whatever she was doing and tug, pull and brush until my hair was on a tight bun. Similar to what McGonagall often had.

When she was finished she mumbled something about last touch and pressed something into my hair.

I didn't say a word, just got up and put my shoes back on.

"Come to my office tonight. At 6pm. You might see your cousin on the way over. Don't be late." She said by the fountain as I walked away.