17. Drinking

"Are you sure about this?" Harry asked. "We really don't have to do this. I've had fun."

"Liar. Everyone hates shopping with me. Trust me this will work." I promised as Harry and I rounded behind a store and drank the aging potions we had just bought. "Don't tell me you're not interested."

"Actually... I really am. I've always wanted to go but..." He mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck.

"When was the last time you did something crazy like this and took a chance? Sorry- I didn't mean it that way." I said as he raised his brows looking at me annoyed. "What I meant is when did you last do something like this for fun. When did you last act like the teenager you are?"

"I don't know." He said, still looking doubtful.

"Don't you want to forget something? And just be happy for a while."

He looked at me in a way that was almost painful to see. I knew there was. Cedric just last school year he'd watched him die, and I knew he couldn't sleep because of it. He nodded and drained his potion in one big gulp, making a nasty face afterward. "Your turn."

Drowning my bottle I pushed my tongue out. The taste is vile. One minute you're full of energy and the next, tired as if you haven't slept for a week. I suppose this is what it feels like to be an adult. It tastes... Dusty. No other way to explain it.

Harry and I slowly turned into the middle-age versions of ourselves with Harry growing a big beard that changed his appearance completely. I don't think that even a hardcore Harry fan such as Colin Creevey would have noticed it was him.

"Look here." I said and buried my hands into his hair shuffling it even more. 'This is the dad I know.' I thought as I looked at him. Minus the beard. He only has a stubble in the future.

"So you ready?" He asked.

"Yeah. Let's go. This will be so much fun." I smiled.

We walked into one of the 'night' pubs. The ones where people went to drink actual alcoholic beverages.

We ordered drinks of Dragon scale and fire whiskey -the harder type- chocolate liqueur, strongbow, and rum. All typical wizarding alcohol beverages suggested to us by the bartender.

Since Harry and I hadn't really ever drunk that much it didn't take much tasting before we were sitting in a booth, leaning against each other a little more than tipsy, giggling like two schoolgirls over a cute guy who's actually an asshole and ends up getting a girl pregnant at prom. "And she was like: you're gonna take someone's eye out. And Ron decided to be all macho and tell her that if she was so smart why didn't she do it. And she did. And just as the whole class was clapping for her Seamus Finnegan had dis quill blow up in his face."

"Every story about him is him blowing something up." I giggled.

"I know it's so funny. And he's not even trying. It just kinda happens. I think he was cursed as a baby." Harry laughed.

I straightened myself up -after going too far and hitting my head on the table- and looked at Harry all serious: "I hope not. Would be unfortunate. Must disrupt his life all the time. And there is no job for a blow-upper in our community." I said, pouting.

"I hadn't thought of that. What will he do?" Harry asked, showing concern for his friend.

"I know. And his passion and dream is blowing things up and he can't full fill that dream..." I mumbled, my lower lip sharking. "It's so sad!"

"Hello, Potters." A merry voice interrupted up.

Took me a while to straighten my head and clear my vision since the room was spinning, but as soon as I did I waved -hit myself in the face- at the familiar face.

"Hello, headmaster Dumbledore!" I happily greeted him.

"I feel we have forgotten something!" Harry yell/whispered to me.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh right. We're not supposed to be here." Harry remembered.

"Oh yeah right!" I said and turned to Dumbledore again. "There are no Potters present. Must be at the caste sleeping. You should go check." I told him.

"He's gonna see we are not there." Harry reminded me, barely staying upright.

"Oh yeah! Smart thinking." I winked at him. "Or maybe not. Maybe just take a long walk of like... Harry how long until we're at the castle?" I whisper/yelled mid-sentence.

"Twenty minutes." He nodded.

"Yeah, a walk of twenty minutes. And then check on them." I turned to Harry: "We are totally fooling him." I giggled with Harry.

"Or maybe I'll just stay here with you for a while. A nice night-cap might do good for me." Dumbledore cut in.

"Sure sit down my friend." Harry suggested trying to gesture at the empty space next to us, ending up pointing... Somewhere. Definitely not anywhere near the direction of said spot.

"Thank you. May I?" He asked nodding to the pile of barely touched drinks at the table.

"Sure go ahead. All we've had is a little taste of firewhiskey and dragon scale. The rest is untouched." I promised.

Dumbledore chuckled: "Yes, I remember. That'll do it at your age."

"Harry. I don't think this was such a good idea." I mumbled and heard a thump next to me.

Harry had fallen off the booth couch and onto the floor. "Harry is taking a nappy on the floor." I told Dumbledore. "C' mon Harry you can sleep at the dormitory." I said, helping him up.

Harry nodded. "That felt weird." He giggled. "Suddenly the world was upside down."

Dumbledore was looking at us fondly while sipping his drink.

"I think... It's time to go home. You've forgotten for long enough." He said, with a small smile.

Somehow I felt like that cleared some of the fog away in my mind. I looked at Dumbledore and for the first time since he arrived, I wasn't seeing him in double. I nodded. "I think so too."

"Come now, Potters. Let's take you home." Dumbledore smiled.

'That sounds so nice.' I thought.

***

IMPORTANT!!!:

So I DO NOT ACCEPT UNDERAGE DRINKING!!!

I have myself had a really bad experience with it. I had had a few drinks and ended up in an accident (not a car accident I would NEVER drink and drive) anyway I broke over 10 bones and it took months for me to heal which I spent in a wheelchair.

I am soon going to turn 18 and in my country, I am then allowed to legally drink alcohol.

Now I know all the dangers and am actually happy (not about the accident) that I tried drinking before I was 18 because now I know my boundaries and I'm not going to be one of that 18 year old that end up in a hospital for alcohol poisoning on their birthday.

I think it's important to understand alcohol before you go out to bars because if you don't things can really end horribly and I learned that by experience.

***

I felt like while Dumbledore's reaction was mild, it's definitely the way he would act. He's kinda one of those carefree uncles that let you do whatever you want. (Got one of those)