5. Girls

On the note it said:

To: Serena

In addition to our common research purposes, I hope you enjoy this book on timetravel.

From: Albus Dumbledore

"He and my father were close and I told him I was interested in learning about timetravel in more depth than what school tells us. Guess this is just a nice deed." I said with a shrug before placing the book on my bedside table, so I could read it before I go to bed.

"Who is this?" A girl with black hair and a slightly darker skin asked.

"I'm Selenia. I just transfered here from Beauxbatons." I introduced myself.

"Oh, well I'm Parvati Patill. I have a twin Padma, but no need to worry about confusing us with each other, we don't take offence in that." The same girl said with an open smile. "I love astronomy, will you be taking that class?"

"I don't know yet." I said and noticed that Hermione rolled her eyes. I was all too familiar with Hermione's opinions on astronomy. 'What a load of bull.' That's what she had once said before starting a twenty minute rant about how 'the science' of astronomy can not be proven.

"Hey don't leave us out. A girl with curly dark hair said as she stepped forwards and gave Parvati a little nudge on the shoulder.

"Sorry. This is Romilda Vane, Lavander Brown and that girl over there is Eloise Midgen." Parvati introduced them pointing at Eloise over her shoulder since the girl was quietly unpacking.

"Hi. Nice to meet you all." I said with a smile.

Romilda seemed like the leader of the group. I remember meeting her once she was the biggest gossip I knew. Dad once said that when there had been three dementor attacks in Hogwarts all Romilda had done was ask if dad had a hippogriff tattoo on his chest.

She had that paprazzi attitude and an obsession over my dad. She didn't really love him, she just wanted to be in the spotlight: the girlfriend of the boy who lived.

Lavander will be uncle Ron's first girlfriend and auntie Hermione will be insanely jealous. Lavander has light brown curly long hair and she is always wearing a headband. She is that sweet giggling girl and Parvati is her best friend.

I don't know much about Eloise. Just that she was really shy.

"Selenia isn't a gryffindor, but let's make her feel welcomed." Hermione said to the other girls.

"Not a gryffindor? What does that mean?" Romilda asked.

"Yeah, I was wondering why she didn't have the house crest on her robes." Eloise said with a soft, honey like voice.

Lavander's and Romilda's eyes flickered instantly to the plain black robes I had on.

"Oh... I didn't notice that." Romilda said.

"Neither did I." Lavander said, shaking her head.

"I did." Parvati said. "I just figured that maybe she hadn't been sorted yet." She shrugged and Hermione smiled at her.

"She hasn't, but will be tomorrow." Hermione nodded.

"Well don't unpack." Romilda said and with a flip of her hair she turned around and walked to her bed where she had a big pink suitcase waiting.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I get that slytherin vibe from you, you obliviously don't belong here with us." Romilda said and started unpacking her things.