7. Potter

"Wait for me!" Harry yelled as he started rushing over to me. I was already way past the doors of the great hall and finally released the breath I had been holding while thinking that he wouldn't come after me.

I turned around and watched him jog over to me. I grabbed his sleeve and started leading him though the castle. Using many secret passage ways to shake off the students I knew were secretly following me. Good thing I was used to being tailed.

"Where are we going? How do you know these secret routes? What is going on?" Harry asked after I led him through the third hidden passage way.

"Hush. You are leading them closer to us." I said before turning around a corner.

"Who?" Harry asked with an annoyed tone in his voice.

"Shhh... Listen." I said as I stopped. Once the sound of our footsteps were gone, the sounds of the students looking for us, were far more prominent. "No one can listen in. I know a place. A place where we can be all alone."

Harry followed me -probably against his better judgement- into a reading room in common use of all the students.

"This is your secret place? Students come here all the time to do group studying since they can't talk in the library and the common room is too loud.

"And yet they never find " I opened a tiny door that revealed an abrupt and steep wooden staircase. "Come now." I said and started climbing up the stairs.

"How do I know this isn't a trick? A hoax to trap me?" Harry asked, peeking his head to the stairs to look at me. I don't believe he could see me. The stairs were dark and there was no light cast upon it.

"You can't... I know you have been decieved and fooled and your trust has been let down too many times. But all I can give you is my word that I don't want to hurt you. And that you will want to know what I have to say." I said walking down a few steps so my face can be revealed by the dim light in the door way.

"And what is it you have to tell me?" Harry asked.

Both our heads twitched towards the reading room door as we heard steps behind it.

"Answers. Answers to those questions no one else is prepared to answer... No one but me." I said and suddenly felt desperate. "Make a decision now."

Harry bit his lips and just as the door to the reading room opened, he stepped inside the secret door and closed the passage way behind him.

I got up the stair, Harry slowly following up behind me.

"This is the secret room of someone you never got to know..." I said as Harry stepped over the last step and into the that had a dusty purple couch and a huge amount of books neatly placed into bookshelves. There was a tiny window from where you could see the black lake. I knew it was charmed in a way that no one would pay attention to it from the outside.

Weird trinkets, a globe and an animal hide rug made the room seen peculiar but homey.

"What is this place?" Harry asked, looking around the room.

I took a black covered book from the bookshelf. A book I knew very well. I took a deep breath and blew away the thick coat of dust off it, revealing two names at the cover of the book, written with golden ink in a beautiful calligraphy.

I walked over to Harry, reacted by taking a step back and almost stumbling down the stairs only managing to find his balance at the last second. "See?"

I showed him the book, whipping my finger over the names once to make them even more clearer. "Severus Snape and Lily Evans." Harry whispered.

"This was their place. Where they would come to be away from the others. Here they had a no fighting policy and no letting others into the club house." I said with a chuckle.

"How do you know?" Harry asked, his eyes flashing to mine.

"It's on the first page." I said before walking over to the couch and sitting down on it after dusting if off.

Harry flipped the book open and then looked at me again: "How could you know? The book was covered in dust. It hasn't been touched in forever. You are a transfer student how do you know about this place? How do you know hogwarts so well? How do you know my mom? Why did you bring me here? Who are you?"

"Calm down Harry. I will tell you everything just slow down. One question at a time." I said and patted the spot next to me which Harry basically tumbled on in his hurry.

"What is this book?"

"Your mother and Snape used to write on it. Their thoughts, conversations, ideas, dreams. All of it. It was like their shared journal. Nothing too personal." I said.

"And how do you know about it?"

"I was told. I haven't read it if that's what you are thinking. I just know bits and pieces." I said and Harry nodded.

"Good. How do you know all this about hogwarts? Have you been here before?"

"My father had a map. One that he got from your father." 'Not a lie. Maybe Harry didn't get the map directly from grandpa James, but he's the origin.' "And no I haven't been here before, but I was always fascinated by hogwarts so I made it my mission to know the map by heart." I said. 'First lie.' My heart ached.

"Your father knows my father? And my mother presuming that he's the one that told you about the book." Harry mumbled. "Who are you?"

"My name is Selenia Potter. I attended Beauxbatons until my father got a job from England and we moved here so I transferred schools."

"I know that." Harry said, bunching his eyebrows together.

"That's what everyone knows... What everyone thinks is true." I said. "That really is my name and I really transferred schools but not because my dad got a job, but because my father died. And the wizarding world officials wanted to reunite me with my last remaining family after so long apart..." I said. Lying came easy. I just said what made sense to me. I felt a tear run down my cheek. "That's you Harry."

"What? No... I don't have any family left other than my godfather." Harry said feeling struck.

"Sirius Black, I know. Also known as padfoot. The only man that escaped Azkaban. By turning into his unregistered animagus: a black dog. Which he learned to turn to, to help his friend Remus to deal with full moons, because he was a werewolf. I know all the stories Harry." I said sadly. "When my father was born it was clear he was different. Blind and deaf since birth. Turned out... A squib too. Even though his mother and father were kind and gentle, this brought great dishonor to their family... So they told everyone their first born child died in a house fire while they actually put him into an orphanage. He was eight so he could remember his parents... And his little brother... James." I whispered. "He stayed away until his little brother went to school which is when he reunited with him, unknown to their parents. Your father loved his brother. And my father loved him back just as much. Don't you see Harry? We are cousins."

***

Words: 1263

Sooo... What do you think about how Selenia handled the situation?

Tell me in the comments or send me a private message. 🌸🌼