WHAT A KENT!

William Kent is not an Instagram model, contrary to what his yummy shirtless pictures might say. He is the CEO of one of the most significant hedge funds in New York.

Shit! Now I remember why I have heard the Kent name recently.

He is the founder of Kent enterprises; how could I not connect the dots?

Last month I was reading about his high-risk investments in the stock market that if gone wrong could potentially damage the economy.

Holy fuck, he is not just rich, he is loaded. The dipped in gold, encrusted with diamonds kind of private island owning rich.

"Mia, are you checking him out?" Hannah asks, knowing fully well that I am. She snatches my phone from my hand and scrolls through his Instagram. She is as awestruck as I am and believe me; our collective drool can flood the entire dorm.

"He is hot," I say, mesmerized by his good looks; knowing fully well hot is an understatement.

"Just hot? I could grate cheese on those abs girl! He is a whole snack."

I agree.

The inaccessible, unattainable, way out of my league kind of snack.

I am not even sure why we are wasting time ogling him.

He is too good for me, even if I was unrealistic.

"Hannah are we stalking him to feel about the pool of guys we have available to us?"

"No, I have a plan." She says, and I am already anxious. Nothing good can come out of skating down the edge of a cliff. I almost don't want to hear her plan, but I also do.

"Let's hear it Hannah Smith..."

I am itching to know what can she possibly propose that would make this man agree to be my muse.

"I have dirt on him."

The look on her face is earnest, she genuinely thinks she has blackmailing material on Mr. Kent. I can't suppress it any longer, my tummy feels ticklish, and I burst out laughing.

Mia behave, I scold myself.

"Just imagine trying to..." I want to say, threaten William Kent, but I can't complete my train of thoughts. The laughter is overflowing from my lips, and I can't control it.

"Are you done? At least hear me out!" Hannah screams over the noise of my guffawing. If anybody could hear me now, which I am pretty sure half the building can, they would understand why I can never be described as a lady. I have the kind of laugh that sounds like a broken record just got fucked by a blow horn.

I am scared to laugh in libraries and churches because the noise that comes out of my mouth disrupts the ambiance of the place. People can't help but stare at me.

"Miaaaa!"

Hannah pokes me on my ribcage. Ouch.

"Okay, you have my attention." Not that I have any other option.

"I know why he became the president of Alpha Delta Alpha."

"Because he was the most popular kid in his batch."

"Mia he was not popular for the right reasons at all. You remember how the papers said he was kicked out of the team for dealing drugs?"

She pauses and looks at me dramatically. I nod my head in agreement, waiting for the tea.

It was a monumental scandal and even though we weren't studying at Penn State during that time, everyone to this day has opinions on it.

"He wasn't the one dealing drugs, it was his entire frat Alpha Delta Alpha. He took the fall for it to save his frat from getting suspended. Although he lost his place in the football team, he will go down in ADA history as the martyr who saved all his brothers from defamation."

"Why would he do that?" It's hard to imagine somebody being this selfless.

"Some say it was because of his loyalty to his brothers and allegiance to the frat while others doubt his motives entirely."

"Why?"

"Some people speculate that taking the fall was a power move. Why would a person known for being coldblooded and calculating do something so altruistic?"

"Wait, who would he want to gain power over?"

"The members of ADA worldwide. It is the oldest frat in the world, and with almost 700 chapters nationwide, by taking the fall, he was making friends on Wall Street before even getting there."

That sounds absurd. Is this some pledge a fraternity commercial?

"Why would he hide such a thing if he wants influence over people Hannah?"

"To gain people's trust. Wall Street is all about loyalty and secrets. Everybody who is a part of ADA considers him a legend, and they all would vouch for his character. Don't forget, most of the brothers are in the finance sector or are related to it. How do you think he made it in New York so quick? He clearly had an edge."

This sounds like a conspiracy theory.

What next? He is part of the illuminatti.

"I don't buy it. Frats don't have as much influence as you like to believe." And all this information she has just shared with me could very much be conjecture. 

"Maybe not but they have enough to get him started and who knows what all he has hiding under his bed? I don't know what happened and maybe it's a story made to undermine his sacrifice, but I have screenshots from Alec to prove he took the fall for the entire frat."

I can't argue against screenshots and Alec is an ADA brother. He is also Hannah's long-time ex and an honorable man.

Why would he lie about his own frat?

*If you enjoy reading my work, don't forget to vote on it

*If you enjoy reading my work, don't forget to vote on it. If you want to give me any feedback/ constructive criticism, comment down below. I update regularly, so make sure you are following me to keep up with the story.