Fast and fieryous

38 minutes earlier

Liam's POV

"Are you sure you can drive?" She asks me yet again in her ever so worried voice—she needs to chill the fuck out. Life is not so serious.

"I promise," I reassure her. I am a little buzzed but nothing I can't handle—I've driven higher and drunker than this and I reached home safe. She gets in the car and the smell of vanilla and her tickle my nostrils. I start the car. Wait a minute—I haven't kissed her all night. I touch her cheeks and they are warm and soft. I hold her face and press my lips to hers. She opens her mouth and her tongue tickles my lips. I open my mouth and her tongue is inside me—wait—hold up—she tastes different.

Musty and tobacco-ey, did she kiss the other guy? Is that why she called me her ex? I break the kiss and push her away. I reverse the car and how could she do this? She promised me exclusivity.

"Did I do something?" she murmurs.

"Did you?" I am trying my best to keep my composure, but I want to break something. I want to smash my hand against the windshield. I want to burn the world down. How fucking dare she.

"I am pissed at you remember?" I still don't understand why she is pissed at me. Yeah, I fucked two women, but that was before I promised her I won't. And I did not even enjoy it—I fucking came back to her and watched her sleep while she was out kissing other men. This is why you don't give your loyalty to women—they always find a way to fuck you over and come out as the victim. My father was right—women are only good for a fuck.

"You can remain pissed at me; I don't give a fuck Mia." I genuinely don't.

"Then why did you come to the bar tonight?" Because I cared then. I actually fucking cared and I am ashamed of that. I can't believe I let myself care for her. Never again.

"Tell me, Liam. Talk to me," she sounds like she's about to cry and I don't care. I feel cold on the inside—what I did was before we had a deal—what she did was after. Once you make a deal, you fucking honor it. I slam my foot on the accelerator—can't wait for her to be out of the motherfucking car. I am so done with this bitch.

"Slow down Liam." She blabbers something, but I've tuned her out. She doesn't matter to me anymore. Nobody does. I can't believe I was going to introduce her to Hazel tonight. I was going to take her to my home, but she fucking belongs in that Brooklyn mousetrap and the shabby bar.

The light is red, but I don't care, I continue driving.

"Liam, what the fuck are you doing?" She has the fucking audacity to yell at me and then clasp for my arm. Don't touch me.

"What the fuck are you doing, you fucking whore?" I scream back and she immediately removes her hand from my arm. Good. I want to burn the world to the ground—women don't cheat on me.

"Slow down you fucking bastard—your life might not be precious, but mine is."

"Of course, serving drinks to sleazy men and earning minimum wage makes your life more significant than mine." I did not mean this but she deserves this. She cheated on me. I did not even go to the club the two days we were apart—I was trying to figure out a way to appease her—goddammit I sound like her lap dog.

"I pay my bills myself and if you have such an issue with what I do—you and your daddy's trust fund can fuck off." She hisses at me and yeah, I come from money, but I have made my own money out of the money I was given. I made the family's first billion—my father did not.

A car come from the side and I immediately switch lanes to avoid a pileup.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Why do women have to talk so much—take a hint and just shut up?

"You—you are wrong. I came to you to makeup but you move on fast." Even for me and that's saying something. I can at least learn how to feign innocence like her. I can't believe I thought she was different—she is the rule and no woman is the exception. It's just in their DNA.

"Move on to what? Is it about me calling you my ex to Amanda?" Amongst other things. I don't want to look at her fake hurt face and hear her lying arse voice anymore. Act innocent the oldest trick in the book and I missed that. Is she even a virgin or was that a ploy too? Who doesn't have a lock on their phone? Has she been trying to trap me all this while?

"Look at me Liam, if we are ending this—at least give me the facts to my face." After fucking me over, she is demanding me for closure? I turn towards her and her eyes are red—her face is flushed and even after all she's done—I want to comfort her.

"You cheated on me. I was loyal to you," does she realize what she could have had?

"You cheated on me. I was loyal to you." She enunciates every word coming out of her mouth. Her face is towards me, and I can see the tears trickle down her eyes and cloaking her face. Something inside of me turns. It's like somebody has kicked me in my gut—her pain seems so genuine—what an actress...

"Liammmm" She shrieks and points towards the road—fuck—I scramble to control the car, but I don't—fuck—the other. Slow the fuck down motherfucker. I raise the speed of my car by pressing my feet on the accelerator and using all my pressure, so we don't hit the car coming at full speed to us from the side. The car goes sideways and we barely miss it with inches—hurray and I look at her to make sure she is okay. Thank god she warned me.

Before I can make sense of the—fuck—fuck—fuck. I press the break full frontal—oh lord please don't—I forgot to take my feet of off the accelerator. I am scrambling to control the car, but I don't—fuck—the other car slams into me—Mia jumps in front of me. Her body sandwiches to mine, shielding me from being the first impact with the steering wheel. Everything is so fast and I can do nothing as the other car slams into ours. I pull the lever on my side to push my seat backward to minimize the impact on us, but I don't think it'll help her at all.

Oh god, I hope she's okay—I hope she'll make it out. She screams in pain as the steering wheel hits her chest and everything goes pitch black.