Untitled Part 81

"Stop yelling Liam, you're being crazy," I remind him of his insanity.
"I really thought you were loyal. I fucking trusted you, Mia," he says and he's butt hurt about it. I mean, I did bring in an intruder in his house without asking him. 
"You can trust me, I would never betray you. You know that," how can he not?
"Prove it," he yells but I can see the pain in his eyes? What did I do? It can't just be about Rachel. His eyes are greyish blue, the anger in them palpable. I have never seen them so wild.
Stop trying to justify his bad behavior, Mia. He is being a brat right now.
"I will prove nothing to you. If you don't believe me then I have failed you as a girlfriend and I am sorry." I really am. 
"There is an ex-convict in my house and you didn't think you should have asked me about and that is the tip of the iceberg." There is more? I haven't done anything else, of that I am sure.
"I thought you would understand but guess what? We were both wrong about each other," I say and swallow an ocean. If he can't understand how I feel, he will never understand me. I am not going to prove my loyalty to him again, either he gets it or he doesn't.
"That's all you've got to say for yourself?"
"What would you rather I say? This outburst is not about Rachel and you know that," yes I have somebody living in his house but I refuse to believe that Amy did not tell him yesterday or even today morning. Or the security in the building. Or Wilson. He wanted me to tell him about it to prove my loyalty and that is just bullshit. His trust feels like an exam and I hate feeling like I am being tested every moment of everyday.
"You're damn right it's not because she's out of this house in an hour."
"You wouldn't do that," where will she go? How can Liam be so cruel?
He doesn't say anything to me, just looks at with eyes devoid of any emotion at all.
"Liam she's had a tough life and I want to help her," I blink back tears threatening to cloak my face. I sniffle my nose because it is starting to get heavy. "I just want to show her some compassion and care, what if it was me instead of her, would you kick me out too?" I look at him and his face is still stone cold. 
"Liam the only difference between her and me is that you took me in and are allowing me to stay in your house. Otherwise, I would just have medical bills and no way to pay them back and I might have resorted to whatever way I could to pay them back and keep food on the table," he just doesn't get it. His train of thinking is still far far away from me. We have to get on the same track. I know I am wrong and I have no right to keep her here but I will not let logic be the reason Rachel ends up on the streets again. 
"Liam she's as old as me, you can't send a girl that young back to the streets. She needs our help," I try to reason with him. He doesn't say a word to me. He's just looking at me with laser-sharp eyes that say nothing. I am scared if he looks at me anymore with the same expression, I might have holes carved out in my body. 
"Say something Liam," I say as I touch his hands. He flinches and moves his hand away from me.
"Why didn't you tell me about her? I gave you enough time to do so," his voice is monotone, almost dry like sandpaper. 
"I forgot yesterday night and I wanted to be able to see your face as I — I wanted to do it face to face, I'm sorry. I wasn't hiding her from you, she's in your house and I just — please stop being this cold to me, it's making me sick," I blurt out the truth. I am not used to Liam stoning me out.
"I trusted you with my house and you get a stranger with a criminal history to live here. She could have killed us both while we were asleep last night." She could have and he is right and I am wrong except I can't say all that because if I do, this is over. I have to fight harder for Rachel.
"She's not a bad person Liam," he has to meet her and give her a chance.
"And you've known her long enough to make that assessment." I know in my heart she's not a bad person but that argument will probably be shot down as soon as I make it.
"I am sending her to one of the shelters my mom works with, no further arguments Mia," he says.
"Okay, I am completely okay with that. Can it be tomorrow, please? I'll help her move to the shelter. Please, can I have that?" 

He doesn't answer. He's really pissed at me. 

"Why am I disloyal Liam?" I am offended that he called me that.