A cremative mind

I open my eyes and my throat is parched—my body feels soar—like I've had a strenuous workout and I lift my back up and a holy fuck. Pain radiates through my entire being and I scream out in pain.

Soft hands caress my head and I exhaled loudly—it hurts to breathe. I force my eyes open and when I don't move—it doesn't hurt.

"It hurts so much..." I whimper in pain. Tears pooling my eyes.

"I know sweetheart, I am so sorry. The nurse is on her way and we'll give you some pain medication." Liam coos me and I despise his guts. Once I am feeling better, I will kick his ass.

"Water," I yell.

"Baby I have to ask the nurse first just give me—"

"Just shut up and give me water you son of a bitch."

Just as the words are out of my mouth the nurse walks in. I don't regret the words out of my mouth one bit—he deserves it and so much more. I am too sober to drive my ass. The pain is killing me. Please make it stop. Please do something, somebody.

"How are you feeling love?" The nurse asks me and I roll my eyes at her.

"Like death. Make the pain stop." I scream on her face. I am in pain. Give me medication and just fuck off. This is not the moment to make small talk with me—I will cut a bitch in half.

"Love the pain will be there for a few weeks but we can give you some morphine to numb it."

"Either that or give me some poison. It hurts to breathe." It hurts double to talk so spare me the talk and give me the mediation woman. RIGHT NOW.

"This might put you to sleep," the nurse tries to talk again.

"Can it be forever? I would like that." She doesn't try to talk any longer, thank god. She takes my arm and it's bandaged and I have no idea what my injuries are or where I am hurt specifically—I just wish I was dead. At least the pain would be gone.

She injects something in the drip that I am attached to and I just close my eyes and wait for sleep to embrace me. Liam is back to caressing my hair and even with my eyes closed, I can feel his guilt. Good.

"How long will it take for her to recover completely?" Hannah asks —I think—my vision is too fuzzy and mushy.

"Completely? About six weeks. I still can't believe she jumped in front of me. She could have been killed."

"That's Mia for you when she loves—she loves damn hard."

"Are you saying she's in love with me?" HOLY FUCK HANNAH, YOU FUCKING BITCH. He's going to run away and it's too soon. We haven't even slept together!

"I don't think she's in love with you yet but I am sure she loves you. She loves everything that touches her life—she cries when a fucking goldfish dies. She's just that kind of person you know."

"I am starting to see that. Can I ask you something Hannah?" he whispers and goddammit! Speak loudly, I demand it.

"Of course."

"Why didn't she date in college? Guys must throw themselves at her..."

"I think underneath all this big game she writes, she's just a scared little puppy that wants to fall in love and live happily ever after... Hookups and casual relationships just aren't her things."

I want to eavesdrop so bad but I can't keep my eyes open any longer. Let me stay awake brain. I want to hear this. Please.

I open my eyes and my head is throbbing. I shut them back and I wish I could just die so the pain ends. It's torture.