Untitled Part 82

He doesn't try coming close and within seconds I knock out. My stomach growls and I have this pressing need to pee. I open my eyes and I am tangled up in Liam, his leg is on my thigh and his arm is under my head. It feels good — blood bladder — I try to move and Liam pulls me close. He makes that sleepy noise as he nuzzles closer to me. I move again and he growls at me in a playful way.
"I have to pee baby," I say, sounding like a horse. Sleepy Mia has a thick voice that can easily be confused for sleepy Mike.
He removes his legs from mine and kisses my cheeks. I climb out of bed and pee. It's almost 6 a.m., finally, my body is becoming myself again. I usually wake up early and go to bed on time. Liam is asleep so I don't bother disturbing him. I don't climb back in bed and instead, go to Rachel's room. She's asleep — awesome. I go back to my room, put on my joggers, blast my headphones and try to run. It hurts to run fast so I brisk walk around the block. By the time I am back Liam is taking a shower and Rachel is still asleep. I go to the kitchen and start making some pancakes. This is the biggest kitchen I have ever cooked in — everything is white, sparkly and chic. As I am cracking an egg — Liam wraps his wet body around my back.
"Good morning sunshine," he purrs as he kisses my cheeks. He's wearing a black towel and he grinds against my back, turning me on. He bends down, grabs my ass and bites it lightly.
"Ouch!" I yelp. Half surprised and more than half tickled.
The doorbell rings.
"Can you get that?" I request as I add fresh blueberries and bananas to the pancake. I light the stove and pour the mixture on the pan as I am done whisking.
I can hear hushed voices, it's probably Amy. About time, I make some breakfast for her.
"Hello Darling," Oh shit — its Martha. I turn the stove off and go to hug her. She has thick blonde hair and as I hug her, the whiff of lavender envelops me. I should be wearing a bra. Thank god I am in my workout gear and not in on of Liam's shirts.
"Good morning Martha, I had no idea you were coming."
"Oh, I am so sorry my dear — I called Liam but he didn't pick up," she looks so apologetic that I regret saying anything.
"I was taking a shower, my bad ma," Liam says as he stands there in his towel.
"Don't be sorry Martha, I am glad you're here. Would you like some pancakes?" She looks at Liam and then looks at me and smiles. She holds my hand and squeezes it. Does this mean she likes me?
I sure hope so.
"Why don't you go get dressed, Liam?" She instructs Liam and he does as he is told but just before leaving he kisses me and Martha's face lights up as he does that.
"Would you like some pancakes, Martha?" I ask to break the silence between us.
"I would love some," she says as I bring the stove back to life.
"We're all in debt to you for what you did," she murmurs. Liam is close to her.
"It wasn't a big deal," I just shake it off and flip the pancake.
She touches my arm and smiles. "It was, I have never seen Liam this content before."
"I haven't been happier myself," I earnestly let her know.
"So tell me about this girl you rescued."
So I do, all through breakfast as both Liam and Martha listen to me patiently. I want them to know how special she is and how important it is for me to find a safe harbor for her. We talk about my injuries, Liam's crazy schedule and Martha's breast cancer charity.
"You should come to the gala we have this weekend. It's an awareness fundraiser and Raymond will be there too." The hope in her eyes is so cute.
I look at Liam and ask, "Can we go?"
"Of course, I go to all her events — even the sappy ones in Thailand where women throw their wigs in the ocean and take off their clothes at a formal event," he says as he looks at his mother and they both chuckle. I don't press then for details, it's their little inside joke and I am not a pryer.
Liam's phone rings and he walks out to take the call.
"Hazel and I are going shopping tomorrow night if you want to come along," Martha earnestly says. She has a very soft velvety voice and I can see where Liam gets his purring.
"I would love to — where were you guys thinking of going?"
"A few boutiques Hazel has in mind, not sure of the location yet and she wants to get her nails done too. We'll pick you up and drop you back — make it as much fun as possible."
"Sounds like fun. I am excited to meet Hazel!"
"She will be so excited to finally meet the woman in Liam's life. We've never met any of his girlfriends." She says.
Liam comes back and he has to leave for urgent work before the "street" opens. See I am catching on to Wallstreet's lingo. Rachel wakes up and I introduce them to each other. I let Rachel have my pajamas and we promise to stay in touch. Soon they are off and it's back to Amy and I.
"Do you want some green smoothie?" Amy asks me and no I don't. I want a pizza.
"Sure, thank you, Amy," I say as I scroll through jobs. I apply for at least 40. Till the time I figure out my life, I can be a baby sitter or a barista girl or a pastry decorator. Oooh, I apply for the pastry decorator job. They are hiring newcomers and training them.
My phone rings and it's a 604 number, I pick it up.
"Hello, is this Mia Harriet Dawson?"
"Yes?" It's Deja Vu all over again.
"This Elizabeth from Substance, is this a good time to chat?"
"Yes it is, is this regarding the lifestyle writer position?"
"That position has been filled but we do have a fitness writer position available that we would like to interview you for," she says and I just want to know if this position is offered to me because I deserve it or because Liam did something.
"Does it really matter Mia? You needed a job yesterday, so what if one of these men want to go the extra mile to help you get it?" Inner voice comes in clutch. Alright, she has a point.
"Sure, when would you like me to come in?"
"Thursday at 10 a.m works for you?"
"Yes it does, thank you very much."
"I'll email you ..." you know the drill. I call Liam, he doesn't pick up. I call up Nate, he doesn't pick up.
Wow, let's ignore Mia day is going great. I turn on the TV to watch some Netflix and well, I am going to watch re-runs of Sex And The City even though I have seen it at least 57888 times.
Nate calls me back and I tell him about the interview and he's excited!
"Do you want to meet up today evening to celebrate?" Nate sounds so earnest as he asks me and even though I want to celebrate with Liam — Nate will do.
"Sure! What do you have in mind?"
"Let's go bar-hopping? I'll show you around Bushwick,"
"I am broke Nate! Like totally on my ass, can't even afford a candy bar broke."
"I'll spot you and you can take me out when you get your first paycheck." I mean — it isn't half as bad an idea I guess.
"Okay done! Text me where to meet you and we'll take it from there."
He texts me and I text Liam, just in case he gets free from work and wants to join me. I change into my denim shorts, black crop top, and white sneakers. It's a quick subway ride away and as I land on Bushwick station, my phone buzzes. 

It's a message from Hannah--finally, she is texting me. See I knew my best friend couldn't stay away from me. There is something loading. I wait for it to load in the middle of the station as people pass me by. I don't want to move just yet, I just--oh yeah it's loaded. 

It's a video and I click on it. In the video there is a party scene, she's probably drunk and then it zooms in on Liam. He has his arms around Sofia. She is in a white bra and some garter kind of thing and white underwear. Liam has a drink in his hand and there is a crowd cheering. The video doesn't load and goes back to being blank. 

So I click it again and it continues, Liam bends down between boobs and it gets blurry and hazy as it finally focuses. He is snorting cocaine of off her boobs.

"Damn do I love this girl," Liam yells on top of the music. I stand there in the middle of the station, replaying the video—again and again. 

Is Liam cheating on her? What would you do if you were Mia?