[vii]

[ six : caskets & crackheads ]

~

SHE HELD ONTO DICKS ARM as the minister let out words of comfort.

His casket was out in the fogged cemetery at Wayne Manor, she was a mess.

Her sobs were a heartbreaking cry for help, she gripped on tighter to Dick, about to loose her balance.

"God is big, we'll never know why he decided to take such a young life," the minister preached.

Tasi couldn't control herself, she placed her head into his neck and sobbed.

The only thing she could think about was that her lovers blood was on her hand.

If she had only killed that madman before he set off the bomb he still would be alive and breathing.

Dick rubbed circles into her back as he listened to the ministers words.

"Although he's no longer with us physically, Jason will always be with us spiritually. So let it be that we think of all the good memories in our hearts, let his death be a thought of good and not bad."

And at that exact moment she snapped, her tears began to flow heavily, all the good memories just broke her even more.

'No more milkshake at the diner, no more sunsets, no more being there for each other,   no more Jason.'

Bruce looked at the weeping girl in despair, he was already punishing himself for not being fast enough and not doing enough to avenge him but he had to watch a young girl shatter as the love of her life was lowered into the ground forever.

The ceremony was small, just Bruce, Barbra, Dick, Anastasia and Alfred

Jason Peter Todd

Son, friend and lover

To be held close in our hearts,

That's what his grave said, something Anastasia kept repeating to herself day and night.

She couldn't bare the reminder of his death, that night she fled Gotham for what she hoped to be forever. She told Bruce about the plan and hey had an agreement.

Anastasia Wayne had died as a hostage to the Joker, along with the many others in the recent massacre.

~

"SIT DOWN FREDDIE!" The masked man screamed, he'd left and changed masks, now he wore a red motorcycle helmet. The drug lords looked up to the two on the cat walk. "It's my meeting."

Multiple voices chimed in, "it's him, it's batman." "We didn't do nothing." Red Hood emerged from the shadows, holding his gun high.
"We all know that's a lie." Scarlet was intrigued on his tactics, he didn't seem like a true villain not to her, at least at first.

Simultaneously they held up there hand guns, small and weak compared to the one he was holding. "Who the hell are you?!" Everyone was out of their seats, even though he had already told them to take a seat.

Scarlet felt mixed emotions from the crowd, she could faintly hear Dick breathing though the com piece.

Aimlessly, he shot his AK-47 around like a kids playing with a water gun, bullets violently hitting against the table "I said SIT DOWN!"

One man didn't seem impressed, his neck had a gold chain and along his white tank top were either grease stains or sweat stains, "you wanna die?!" He exclaimed, "there's an easier way to kill yourself."

"Yeah, like yelling at the guy who's holding the AK-47." His sarcastic remark seemed a bit out of character for him, Scarlet became even more interested in the hooded figure, as crazy as that thought was.

The Red Hood proposed his plan, "listen to me, you drug peddling scumbags. I will be running the drug trade from now on, you eight are the most prosperous street dealers in Gotham. I'm offering you morons a deal. You go about your business as usual but kick up forty percent to me, that's a much sweater deal than the scraps Black Mask is leaving you. In return I'll offer you total protection from both Black Mask and Batman." He took a moment to catch his breath, "but you stay away from kids in schoolyards. No dealing to children, got it?! If you do, you're dead."

One of the drug lords stood up shrugging, "okay crazy man, this is all very generous but why the hell should we listen to you?" Scarlet pitted the stupid man, he seemed to be putting fuel into the fire.

The vigilante threw a dark grey duffel bag onto the round table they were once sitting at. Cautiously they opened it up, countless heads sat, soaked in a thick raspberry colored liquid. They all seemed sick to their stomach's.

"Those are the heads of all lieutenants." Scarlet started at his bicycle helmet, he was a madman, not like The Joker, though, a different type of insane-- one that was revenge driven. "That took me two hours, you want to see what I could get done in a whole evening?"

Each and everyone one of the criminals seemed scared to their bones and even though Scarlet couldn't see his facial features, she could still see his sinister look.

"Make no mistake, I'm not asking you to kick in, I'm telling you." The second after he finished, he began shooting around once again, it sickened her to think he could be smiling under his mask.

He grabbed her waist, throwing a smoke bomb onto the floor as they disappeared.

"Good work Anastasia."
Bruce congratulated her through the listening device in her ear. She didn't feel like she'd done a good job, she felt used, her emotions making the decisions for her.