[ xv ]

[ fifteen : tears in the rain ]

"NO! DON'T!" She warned, looking away and her sudden reaction caused him to jump back. As much as Anastasia wanted to finally see who the man under the mask was but at the same time she knew that she'd have to take him down if she did.

The Red Hood seemed hurt, his eyebrows frowned and he watched the raindrops lightly splash against the puddles in the pavement. "Why don't you want to know who I am?" He asked, keeping his head hung low and not meeting her eyes.

"Because," She paused as she took a step back, "because you don't know who I really am." She let out, taking another two steps behind her, unaware how he would react.

He looked up like a confused puppy, "w-what do you mean?" He took note that she was slowly backing up and he didn't seem to be having any of it. "Scarlet?!" His voice got louder and huskier.

"I'm not the type of girl you'll want to get caught around with. I'm sorry." Anastasia waited for him to slightly cool off before taking a step towards him. He shook his head, "I don't care, I can fend for myself." His hands became fists and without a doubt his anger had began to steam up again.

"You don't understand, we were just a one time thing." She walked closer to him, keeping eye contact with him.

But if there's anything you should never do; never look into the eyes of an angry dog.

"Don't understand?! Scarlet, I felt something for you, I sill do! Fuck!" He ran his hands trough his jet black hair and locked his fingers, slightly tugging at it.

Every time he called her Scarlet she felt a slight pain, that wasn't her. Then she realized she'd done it to Jack too, and countless other men that she had one time things with. She was a lair and a hoe who slept around to fill a cavity in her head that would always be like a fresh wound.

Anastasia stepped in front of his, wiping the raindrops off his forehead as she stared into the whites of the domino mask.

The rain was heavier by just a little bit but just enough to eat her new blond hair damp. Red Hood pushed a strand behind her ear and leaned in, cupping one side of her face with his hand.

She did a similar thing, her fingertips tracing her cheeks, moving closer to him. Anastasia found him warm and familiar, despite him being a cold hearted criminal, reckless and unstable.

"Scarlet." He said what he thought was her name, causing her previous thought to resurface. A single tear mix with the rain falling from the sky and she shook her head.

His eyes were closed as he stood there, perfectly naive to her charade.

In the humid and dark surrounding him seemed almost angelic, his soft, smooth and blush-pink lips, but she knew he was as innocent as the devil.

She pressed her body onto his, connected their lips as their worries were flushed away with the heavy rain.