[ xx ]

[ twenty: don't say sorry ]

SHE JUST COULDN'T COPE, it made her brain shut down when she hear him called her by a fake name.

She cupped her mouth with her hands to resist screaming out. Slowly, Anastasia shook her head and turned around to face him.

"Scarlet? How are you here?" He tried to resist the chains, she looked down, moving closer.

"It's not what you think," he looked confused. Jason tried to read her face but it was difficult as he was trying to process the previous events.

"Before you react, just listen. Okay?" She put her hands in front of her in defence.

"Okay?" He didn't seem sure, he waited as the girl sat on the edge of his bed. That's when he noticed it.

Her round face: creased with dimples, her eyes: stripped from the blue they once were looked more like a pool of honey. The only thing different about her was her hair. Frayed, short and blonde.

"I'm not Scarlet," Anastasia paused, "I don't know how to explain it."

She went to place her hand on his but he flinched away, not getting far due to the chains.

"Tasi?" His voice was skeptical, she tightened her grip on his hand as she nodded.

"What?" He tried to lean forward, "but your dead! I read the article! You died!"

She watched his face, switch back and forth, from emotion to emotion. It was like watching a lost puppy try to find his home.

She shook her head vigorously as her grip on his hand tightened. "Bruce helped me, I needed to leave Gotham."

As Anastasia looked into his eyes she felt a new mixture of emotions. "How long have you been alive?"

Jason turned his head, it was a question she didn't want to know the answer to and a question he didn't want to answer.

Almost five years now." Tasi's eyes widened, the tears that had stopped began to flow again and this time faster.

"Why wouldn't you come find me?!" She screeched as her heart ached. "Why?!"

"I did, there wasn't an Anastasia Wayne around Gotham anymore, I looked in Star City, and Central City. Fuck, I even went to Jump City looking for you!" He paused, trying to go against the chains, "the articles, they all said you had died."

Anastasia abruptly let go of his hand and stood up, "and you believed it, fuck Jason, you know me better than anyone." She got quiet as she walked towards to speaker system to contact Bruce and Alfred.

"No! Tasi! Don't walk away, please!" Her arms were crossed and she looked over her shoulder with a pitiful glance.

"He's up." She spoke, Bruce would be down in a matter a minutes. Anastasia turned around he continuously tried to get out of the chains but they weren't working to his advantage.

"Five years." She states, "you come back out of no where with a thirst for Batman's blood, why?"

He had become teary eyed, Anastasia wasn't sure, if anything anyone brought back by the Lazarus Pit could have any type of emotion.

He sighed, trying to think of a comeback, "he keeps letting the Joker run around, filling graveyards, damn it! He ducking beat me to death in a warehouse, Tasi that mad man shouldn't be alive!"

Tasi stood over his bed, her eyes roaming his body, she looked at his hands and slowly went to let him go.

"You aren't evil, Jason. You didn't deserve what you got."

As she let one hand go a voice screamed at her from a distance, "Anastasia! What the hell do you think you're doing!"

Bruce threw a baterang across the cave but Anastasia was too quick, she easily dodged it as it hit the cot next Jason. She stared at him blankly, "what the fuck, Bruce?!" 

"Put those cuffs back on him. Now!" Anastasia didn't move, watched him as he moved closer, completely zoned out of the situation. "Now!" She was still stiff as a log, grabbing Jason's still cuffed hands. 

Looking down, she looked down, "no." It was a daring statement, Bruce was taken a back and so was Jason, who was watching his previous lover stand against his father figure. 

"Anastasia he's insane." Bruce's voice lowered as he put his arms out in defense, "please, just put the cuffs back on him." 

She searched deeply into Jason's eyes for the first time in five years. Anastasia got lost, "I'm not evil, Tasi you know that." Jason's told her, he read her facial expressions and knew what was going through her head. 

Anastasia turned back to Bruce, "he's right, all he wants in the Joker dead. Is that too much to ask?" She began to feel hot and angry. "All he wants to do is to let that evil, no good man feel what he's put through countless others through!" 

"But that's not the way to do it, Tasi you know I won't cross that line." He stepped a little bit closer. She didn't wait to yell 'bullshit' at him, she turned her back to him and uncuffed Jason, helping him up. 

"You won't cross that line but too bad we already have." Anastasia swiftly grabbed a smoke bomb from the belt across Jason's hips and threw it onto the group. 

The ex-couple flew out of the batcave, leaving billionaire Bruce Wayne struggling in the smoke.