Chapter 8

"I'm fine Zac." I muttered halfheartedly against his chest. 

"Undoubtedly. You can't walk. You can barely talk. Of course you're fine." He rolled his eyes. "Oh shit are you passing out?"

"No......" I murmured as the world went dark. 

My leg doesn't hurt anymore. That was the first thought I had as I woke up. Where's Zac?  I sat bolt upright. My eyesight cleared, as I realized I was in my room. For once, my house was completely silent, considering my brother usually hangs around. I looked down at my leg, it was bandaged, and it didn't hurt as much. I noticed I was wearing the same outfit as yesterday. Or was it yesterday. I had no idea what day it is. I crept out of my room, as soon as I opened the door I could hear voices talking quietly on the back porch. Being a werewolf, I had exceptionally good hearing. I crept to the bottom of the stairs. 

"I should check on her." That was Zac.

"No let her sleep. I'm sure she'll survive." That was Austin. 

"But-" Zac again. 

"You checked on her 20 minutes ago? Or was it 10? I don't think anythings changed. We would have heard it." I mentally applauded my brother for that. I can take care of myself. 

Zac sighed. Oh go get a new life. I don't need be the center of this one. 

"You can't say you're not worried."

"Well I can. What is up with you anyway Zac? It's not like your Daya's favorite person." Ouch. 

"You're not exactly her favorite either." I heard chairs being scraped against the porch. Uh oh. 

"Waitttttt. Are you saying what I think you're saying?"

"Well, she is my Luna." Wtf. How did the conversation end up here???

"No. No, no, no. You are NOT with my sister. Sorry to disappoint you." 

"Sorry to disappoint you, but it's not up to you." I crept slowly to the door. Zac and Austin were standing so close their chests were almost touching.  Austin was a few inches taller than Zac, but to me, Zac seemed more intimidating.  I crept to the door. No one noticed me. 

"Hold up." I threw open the door, relishing the stunned expressions on their faces. " Austin. You're my brother, but that doesn't mean that you get to decide who I can and can't be with. We've gone over this already. Zac, you're my........Zac. You need to trust me a bit more to take care of myself. And stop fighting. It gets annoying." Austin nodded, his eyes wide. Zac just snorted. "I'll be in the kitchen." I gestured to my leg. Zac and Austin both nodded. 

"I'll help you." Zac said quickly. Austin sighed, and sat down in his chair again. He followed me into the kitchen.

"Have you really been checking on me that often?" I ask smirking. 

"No Austin's exaggerating."

"Oh. So you don't care about me that much." 

"I do. Don't worry."

"Then how many times did you actually check on me?" 

"I don't know. 10 times?" I can't help myself. I start laughing. Zac looks at me. 

"Oh seriously. You just wanted to believe Austin." I rolled my eyes.

"Sure. What happened after I was out?"  I sat at the table and propped up my leg on a chair. I started to undo the bandage, but Zac batted my hand away and started to undo them himself. 

"Well, the pack went back to your house." His fingers brushed my leg lightly. "Some wanted to leave you behind because you were slowing us down, they thought one of Savotor's was coming after us. I didn't let them." He said bitterly, undoing another layer of bandage. "We got to your house, and Austin and his girlfriend started freaking out. He blamed me for it of course, and she started crying."

"Typical." I mutter under my breath. Zac smirks up at me.

"Then Austin nearly beat me up, while I was trying to bandage you. We locked him in his room until you were asleep in yours. He wasn't to happy about that." Zac grinned. "Although we had to replace the door 3 times." I looked down laughing. Then I looked up and I realized how close Zac's face was to mine. I give an involuntary shiver. I feel it should be closer. This feels so right. Now our noses are touching. Zac drops the bandage, and moves his hand to my face. He moves his thumb idly over my cheek.  

"Hey Zen. Can I ask you a question?"

"You just did." I pressed my forehead to his. 

"What do you think of me?"

wassup? i feel like all the pics are of zendaya,so here have a zac:

lol sorry to leave you on a cliffhanger(well im not THAT sorry:) )

vote, comment, and follow me!