Chapter 13

It's been 2 months of complete torture. The threat of my family's lives hangs over me every minute of every day. Zac hasn't come to rescue me, and I'm trying to convince myself that it's a good thing. I've given up trying to communicate with him. I left Zac a note when I left.

Zac,

I'm sorry it had to end this way. I really am. I know you're going to think I'm stupid, but he threatened to kill you, and basically everyone I care about, if I didn't cooperate with him. I don't really know much about mind-linking, except that you can only do it when you're in you wolf form. I like sleeping as a wolf, but I probably won't too much. Keep that in mind. Again, I'm sorry I had to do this to you. Please tell my family(or what's left of it,) that I love them. Tell Austin...with a little more time...that I might have forgiven him. Please don't try to rescue me, try to forget about me. Alexandra can make you happy, although she's no me ;)

I love you.

-Zendaya

"Zendaya." I lift my hands away from my head. I'm in my room. My room is every girl's dream, huge bedroom, bathroom, hot tub, you name it, I have it. I sigh. 

"Yeah?"

"Master Salvotor has requested your presence in the throne room in about, well like right now." One of Salvotor's endless servants. By requested she means demanded, by throne room, she means the room where there's a big throne made out of gold that Salvotor spends the majority of his time sitting on. 

"Fine." I get up, and put on a little make-up to hide the fact that I've just been crying. 

When I get to the throne room, Salvotor is already sitting in his throne. I go up the steps to stand beside him. 

"Bring her in." Salvotor motions to some guards. "Hello darling." I incline my head towards him, not speaking. Then the guards bring in a girl. With brown hair. Who looks a hell lot like Alexandra. I can barely contain my gasp. 

"Who's this?" I manage to choke out.

"This is...I don't really think the word 'mate' is the right term here, but she was one of Zac's girlfriends. Hopefully Zac liked her more than you. What's your name?" Alexandra lifts her head. Why would Salvotor want Alexandra? Why did he say: 'hopefully Zac liked her more than you? What is that supposed to mean? They're not together anymore.  

"My name is Alexandra. And-"

"I just asked for your name." Alexandra frowns a little. She gives me a meaningful glance, which I don't know how to interpret. When Alexandra sees I don't get it, she frowns again. 

"May I speak now Your  Royal Majesty?"

"Yes." Salvotor sounds amused. 

"You're crazy. Why would Zac give up on Zendaya?" Alexandra gives me that look again.  Oh. Zac hasn't given up on me. Zac would have never let Alexandra get captured after what happened to me. So he let...her come here. To tell me something? How could he risk her like this?

"Alexandra. You're here to join Salvotor right?" I ask her.

"I'm...what?"

"I said you're here to join Salvotor. Right?!"  I throw her a look.

"Oh. Yes I am. Sorry." 

"Salvotor, darling, should I...show her where her room is? She obviously needs to be educated on how things run around here. "

"Of course. You may go." Then Salvotor leans over an whispers in my ear, "Consider this your first assignment. Let me know if she is REALLY on my side." I nod, and motion for Alexandra to follow me. I'm surprised he let her come with me so quickly. 

"Guards are unnecessary. I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself. She is no danger to me." I wave them away. Alexandra followed me out of the throne room, and up the stairs. Salvotor has a castle, meaning he hasn't discovered the benefits of elevators. Once we reach an empty room, not to far away from mine, on the 3rd floor, I start to freak out.

"Why the hell are you here? Did they kidnap you? Is Zac ok? What's happening? Why did Zac let them take you?" I grab her arm.

"One question at a time. Zac is fine." I sigh in relief. "No they didn't kidnap me."

"Then why are you here? I will never forgive myself if you die." Alexandra smiles sadly at me.  

"No one will care if I die Zendaya. Sure, maybe Zac might be sad, but he'll get over it eventually. I'm expendable. You, however, aren't. " I shake my head.

"Alexandra-"

"You want to know why I'm here? I love Zac enough to want him to be happy with someone. Even if I'm not that someone. It kills me to watch him like this."

"Like what?"

"Like, hes just been super depressed since you left. He will patrol with the pack, but other than that he does literally nothing."

"I'm sorry." I whisper.

"It is your fault you know. You made him like this." I start to open my mouth, but she cuts me off. "I know why you did it though. I just want Zac to be happy. Which is why I'm here."

"What do you mean?"

"One day Zac just decided that he couldn't live without you. But he can live without me." Tears flow silently down Alexandra's face. "Like I said, he wouldn't hesitate to let me die if it meant that you would live." I stare at her, horrified. "It's true. Don't give me that look. So, like I said, I'm expendable. Hypothetically Zac and I were talking. About sending one of the pack members over here to let you know that Zac hasn't given up on you. He never will. He disagreed at first, that I would be the one to go, but eventually he agreed. I knew he would. Zac is coming to rescue you, Zendaya." 

I. Am. In. Shock. 

I bury my head in my hands, and sit down on the bed. I can't talk for a minute, but eventually I mumble something Alexandra doesn't hear.

"What did you say?"

"Stupid, overprotective, impulsive, extremely sweet bastard. "

Heyyyyy. Okay, it took me forever to write this chapter, and I have no idea why. But here you go. Did you really think Zac would give up on Zendaya that easily? RIP Stan Lee (even though that was a few days ago.) I love y'all. (isn't Zendaya such a queen?) Let me know if you want Zac's POV.