Chapter 11

I've been at Zac's house for about 3 days when a girl knocks on the door. I'm alone, because Zac had left a few hours ago to deal with something concerning his pack.  I go to open the door, thinking it's Zac.

"Hey Za-oh. Hi." Who is she? I instantly feel self conscious, because I'm dressed in sweats and a t-shirt. 

"Hi-I'm-Alexandra-I'm-looking-for-Zac-is-he-here-right-now?" he says all in one breath. Impressive. (A/N  Alexandra is wearing that outfit. Look up.Which I think is very cute btw. Also, how is it that Zendaya can still be a queen in sweats and a t-shirt? She can do it all.)  

"No. Sorry he's not here right now. Would you like me to pass on a message?" I ask. Who is this girl? 

"Um. Can I wait for him? It's kinda important." It would be impolite to say no, even though I want to. 

"Sure. Yeah. I'll be right back." I show her the kitchen, then I go upstairs and change into something more presentable. When I go downstairs again, she's sitting on the couch in the living room on her phone. Huh. She's obviously been here before. Is she...part of Zac's pack?

"Hey. Do you like wolves?" That kind of universal werewolf code. If you're a werewolf then you respond with something along the lines of: Yes I do. In fact I could almost turn into one, I love them so much. Maybe not that dramatic. 

"Yeah. They're pretty cool. If I could be an animal  I would definitely want to turn into one of them." So she is. 

"Interesting. Are you part of Zac's pack?"

"Yes. I am." She says carefully, looking up from her phone.

"Then you're Alexandra Daddario." Ohhhhh. This makes so much more sense. I'm wondering why Austin decided to cooperate with this pack, considering Alexandra is in it. "You were meant to be Austin Coleman's mate. But you rejected him because you were already in love with someone else. And you hated his sister. And you couldn't bear leaving this pack. Also you had a one night stand with Austin's beta. Do you know how much that hurt him, when he found out?" Not that I care anymore.  As soon as I finish speaking, Alexandra drops her phone on the couch.

"Who ARE you?" She looks at me straight in the eyes. 

"Well I'm-"

"She's our Luna, Alex. " Zac walks into the room, and leans against the doorway that connects the living room and kitchen. The look on Alexandra's face is priceless. Who knew someone's face expression could be sad, heartbroken, mad, confused, and furious all at once? Not me. 

"You-her-what?"

"I'm sorry Alex. I told you that we had pushed too far. It wasn't meant to be." 

"But-"

"Look, it's not my fault or decision on who my mate is. I can't change anything."

"I thought that... it was finally starting to work out. We had spent some time apart, and now we were ready to-"

"You thought wrong." 

"If this is about Austin...I thought we were over that. If it's about anything else...I think I'm worth more. If it's about me...just frickin tell me so I can move on."

"I have. Over and over. But you don't listen. And if you do, Alex if you're not even over Austin, how can you ever get over me?"

"Um hello?" I ask. They both turn to look at me. "Hi I'm Zendaya Coleman. Sorry to interrupt, but can someone please tell me what the hell is going on?" Alexandra sucks in a breath. 

"You're Zendaya Coleman. You're-"

"Yeah. I'm your ex-mate's sister. Is that even a thing? Ex-mate? Maybe I just made it up. But he sure as hell is over you." Or at least I hope he is. I couldn't care less. 

"Oh." That's all she says. No one really knows what to do now. 

"Zen, love. I have to tell you something." I narrow my eyes.

"What now? I'm not really in the mood you know." He sighs and runs a had through his hair.

"I'm really sorry. I have to leave."

"What?"

"I have to leave tomorrow...for about a month. Maybe 2." He says something else but I don't hear it. I blankly make my way over to the couch and collapse onto it. Zac is immediately by my side. I shake my head. Mates can't stand to be apart for very long. And yes, I am acknowledging me and Zac are mates.  

"Why?" I whisper.

"We're hunting Salvotor. But I promise you'll be safe. I'll get someone to be with you at all times." I draw my knees up to my chest and put my head in my arms. I have to control the emotion that threatens to escape. Zac forces my head out of my arms

"Oh no. Please don't cry love. You'll be fine."

"It's not me I'm worried about." I mutter. Zac wraps his arms around me, hugging me to his chest. This is too much for Alexandra. 

"I'm going"She gets up quickly, but not before I see the tears in her eyes. 

"How am I going to survive? Ugh." He laughs. It's a beautiful sound. he leans down and pecks my lips. then he sighs.

"I really am sorry you know."

"I know, but it doesn't exactly change anything. How am I going to live without you?"

Hiiiiiii. What's up? I'm sorry I'm updated so weirdly. I probably wont be updating much during the next 2 weeks. fyi

byeeeeeeeeeeee