Ch. 10

Ch. 10

Arlen

Casper screamed loudly as I hoisted him up into the air with my new favorite spell, Tornado. Since I was level forty, my mana capacity had grown immensely, and I was able to perform more spells that were of a higher level. Since Casper and I had skipped out on training when we went to kill the killer plants, Helen made sure that today would be used for training and training only. Tornado was a skill I had just thought up out of nowhere. Since Casper was a centaur, he weighed quite a lot, so that meant that lifting him would be a challenge, but with tornado, I was able to lift him regardless of his weight. Of course, the heavier the object, the more mana the skill would consume.

"Please!" Casper shouted, "Centaurs aren't meant to fly!"

Helen laughed and patted my shoulder, "Let him down before he has a heart attack."

I turned to Helen with a grin. Helen, as always, looked fabulous. Instead of a skirt, she wore tight fitting shorts that were rolled up at the bottom. Her thigh highs were light pink and matched with her usual black boots. Her shirt resembled a corset and made her breasts look good.

Slowly, I lowered Casper safely back to the ground.

Huffing angrily, he charged at me and I took to the skies in my floating chair.

"Get back here!" he screeched.

"I'm sorry!" I laughed, "I'll buy you your favorite carrot cake if you forgive me!"

I flew above him as he angrily swatted at me with his sword. At the mention of his favorite desert, his ears perked up and he turned away, his dark face turning red with embarrassment.

"Fine," he sighed, "I want it to be from that famous baker down the street from the hall, and I want the large one!"

"Okay, okay!" I said as I landed in front of him. With one last glare, he took off towards our destination. I fell into step behind him. Today, Helen was taking us to a place where she trained when she first became a hunter. According to her, it was an old castle that fell into ruin after the previous owner died. Since no one claimed it, low level monsters and demons made it their residence. It was a very large estate, and also a good place to meet other adventurers. I was a bit shy when it came to meeting other people; I was only myself around Helen and Casper, but the thought of meeting someone made me a bit excited.

Helen and Casper were very special to me, but I didn't want them to be the only people I knew here. There was also the possibility of learning new things from people. Thanks to Helen, I learned how to shoot arrows made completely out of mana and because Casper loved vegetables, I learned how to grow and take care of plants. Although I was grateful, I didn't want to be limited to just the two of them.

I looked around me, taking in the dilapidated city. Surrounding the old castle was a city that was run by the previous owner of the castle. Casper told me that he was a tyrant that always took from the people, but never gave back, and just as expected, the people got tired of being taken advantage of. The revolution destroyed the entire city, but in the end, his head rolled and the people abandoned the city.

A part of me wanted to explore the abandoned buildings, but I knew that if I got started, I'd never stop.

"At the top of the mountain," Helen said as we passed by an old fountain, "Up there, the castle is hidden behind the forest, but you can still see the watchtowers from here."

Following her finger, I spotted the watchtowers. We fell back into silence and I tried to imagine what the city looked like before the revolution. Was it as lively as the city that we all lived in? Was it filled with the smell of delicious food and filled with laughter? It made me a little sad to see a city in ruins because of one greedy man.