Ch. 26

Ch. 26

Arlen

I was hot, unbearably so. Slowly, I opened my eyes, coming face to face with a bunch of tables and shelves. I immediately remembered that I was in Seth's lab. With a yawn, I stretched, earning a few glorious cracks from my bones. I went to sit up, only to be kept from doing so by a black tail wrapped around my waist. I glanced around me in confusion, sighing in defeat when I saw no one other than Seth. Since he was cold blooded, Seth was drawn to any and all heat. He was wrapped tightly around me, sleeping soundly.

My tiny self was covered up completely, so moving was impossible. It was so unbearably hot with Seth's heater on blast and I desperately wanted to free myself from his hold. An idea to splash him with water came to mind, but that seemed a bit too cruel, so I settled for turning off the heater and lowering the temperature in the room. Magic was so useful. Within minutes, Seth awoke with a cute frown on his sleepy face.

"It's cold," he grumbled as he clutched my small form tighter.

"It was the only way that I could wake you," I yawned as I tried to wiggle my way out of his arms, "It was hot and I couldn't move."

Seth sat up and reached over, turning on his heater once more.

"Sorry," he sighed, "You were really warm."

I laughed lightly and slowly stood up, stretching once more. I really didn't understand how Seth slept on the floor with only a blanket as a cushion. It was quite uncomfortable. I looked around his room, my eyes landing on a beaker filled with bright red liquid that glowed softly.

"I take it that your creation is complete," I stated as I turned towards a sleep-deprived Seth. He must have stayed up much longer after I fell asleep.

"Yes," he muttered as he clutched his covers, "I finished it yesterday while you were asleep. With a nod, I told Seth that I was going back to my room and slowly made my way out of his room.

*_*_*_*

Upon returning to my room, I was delighted to see that Link was there to finally rid me of these troublesome bandages. I was also happy that the destruction I'd caused in my bathroom was also fixed. I wonder who fixed it. Since my soreness has all but disappeared, I no longer needed him to wrap me up with bandages. Even though my wounds healed, Link said the cream he coated the bandages with helped with soreness, so he still insisted that I wear them.

When the troublesome bandages were gone, I took a shower and dressed in a pair of thin sweats, a t-shirt and a pair of house shoes. I moved over to the bathroom where I brushed my teeth and washed my face. Since I was lazy and didn't feel like doing anything more to myself, I ran a brush through my unruly hair and left it down. Besides, Link was bound to fix it later. Link was like a mother when it came to me. He simply loathed how I didn't put much effort into my appearance. He didn't understand my need for comfort over looking like a runway model all the time.

Summoning my chair, I made myself comfortable and floated down to the dining hall where I found everyone else already waiting.

"Took you long enough," Link said he tapped his foot impatiently. I poked my tongue out at him and jumped off of my chair. Link narrowed his eyes at my appearance as I made my way to the table. I smiled cutely and he shook his head.

"Why are you so intent on looking like a slob?!" he huffed as he reached into his storage and pulled out a comb. Emry giggled as he bounced in his seat across from me.

"Arlen prefers to be comfortable. I'm the same way!" Emry stated as he nodded his head, "I see nothing wrong with it!"

"I'm not surprised you don't," Link retorted as he worked the comb through my hair. The lunch lady smiled kindly as she brought out our food. I thanked her as I grabbed my tray. With a nod, she turned around and scurried back to the kitchen.