Ch. 34

Ch. 34

Arlen

I took a deep breath and wiped all forms of amusement away. Yami was a powerful caster whose level was higher than mine. Not taking her seriously would end badly for me. I wanted to prove my point to the guild, and in order to do that, I would have to pull out all the stops.

Yami got into a fighting stance and I followed suit. I'd never fought against another Caster, or anyone for that matter, so this would also be a learning experience. I knew that Yami didn't know of my bracelet, Reflect, so that was one advantage I had over her. We stayed like this for a while, going over strategies in our heads until finally, Yami charged. I created a whip made of mana and quickly struck her. She hissed and came at me again, this time, using a shield.

"I'm going to kill you!" she screeched.

I raised my staff and summoned a powerful lightning strike.

"You can try!" I had never used this spell before, so I was excited to test it out. Faster than anything I've ever seen before, a blue light shot out of the sky and towards Yami. Her eyes widened in surprise and she quickly blocked it with her shield. While she was busy blocking, I summoned another that struck her from behind. She howled in pain. I gasped in surprise as I was suddenly bound. With a swing of her wand, she sent me flying into a group of trees. As my back made contact with a thick tree trunk, I became sure that she'd broken my spine. For a moment, I couldn't feel anything. I was sure that she'd paralyzed me. I fell limply to the forest floor, feeling as if I was the embodiment of pain itself.

I remained on the cold, forest floor for a few seconds before slowly staggering to my feet, my back throbbing tremendously. She stalked towards me like a predator would its prey, her eyes lit up with delight and a smile upon her face.

"Hurts, doesn't it?" she laughed.

I suddenly became very, very pissed off. This bitch was trying to kill me! I barely knew this crazy psycho! Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath. I had been able to hear Shiro when she called out for help, so, hopefully, something would be able to hear me. I did just that, I called out for anything and everything and begged them to help me take this bitch down. I was going to make her regret ever fucking with me!

Only what I got wasn't what I was expecting. Yami and I were both horrified as the dead starting rising. Corpses from recent times and long ago scrambled to the surface and charged towards Yami. My eyes widened at the red pulsating organ that was in their chests. Suddenly, my spell book emerged in front of my eyes, its pages flipping to a spell I hadn't known that I acquired.

Necromancy, a spell to summon the dead and spell that I acquired thanks to becoming the King of the Dead Forest. I turned towards Yami who was fighting with all her might against people and animals who were long dead. She was going toe to toe with what looked to be a Caster.

I stumbled back in shock as a large pile of bones rose from the ground and into the sky. Seconds later, the corpse of a large dragon, a dragon bigger than any dragons today stood before me. It raised its head into the sky and released a thunderous roar into the sky. Its body was so enormous I couldn't even see where his tail ended. Unfurling its wings, he roared again. I covered my ears as the ground started to shake. I suddenly felt very tired. I fell onto my stomach, too tired to even disable the spell I'd accidentally activated.

"Arlen!" someone shouted, but they sounded thousands of miles away. My heart sped up in my chest as my mana was drained. The ancient dragon roared again and sent a large fireball towards Yami. I immediately felt immense heat. It was so hot I was sure I would melt. Almost immediately, the snow around us evaporated, revealing the dead soil beneath it. I could feel someone shaking me, but my vision was going in and out. I couldn't see who it was, I didn't care. All I wanted to do was to rest.