Ch. 43

Ch. 43

Arlen

Shaky breaths left me as I tore off Riza's restraints. I felt like a rumbling volcano, ready to unleash my wrath at any given moment. Very rarely have I ever felt rage like this before. My thoughts were all over the place, unable to become complete.

There was only one thing that was absolutely clear to me. Griffin, that fat, slimy rat bastard, had hurt Riza. Not only had she lost her entire family, but he's used her for his own selfish gain and sick pleasure.

Tears threatened to spill from my eyes as I picked up my battered and bruised guildmate. I carried her bridal style out of that room of horrors. Despite not having a chance to talk and really connect with Riza, I still considered her as family. As soon as I was accepted into The Shadow Realm, they all became like family to me, even the people who didn't like me.

Riza remained limp and unconscious in my arms, breaking my heart even more.

As I left, I made a mental note to come back for the other women later, those who were too injured to escape. As bad as it sounded, Riza was my only priority right now. I cringed, I sounded identical to Yami. Carrying Riza in my arms, I ran back into the living room. There, Yami was waiting for me, along with the rest of the squad. Immediately, I found myself looking for Landon, sighing in relief when I spotted him. His emerald eyes were already on me. He smiled as we made eye contact.

"Bring her to me," a hoarse voice croaked, "And you too, I need you."

I looked away from Landon's emerald eyes and into the blood red ones that belonged to Link. He was thirsty, terribly so. I was amazed that he'd managed to stay in control despite his condition. Sphinx was the same. He stared at me as if he was severely dehydrated and I was the first glimpse of water he'd saw in a long time. I winced at the thought of having to share my blood with the two vampires, but for whatever reason, they both refused to drink from Yami and everyone else was too weak to give any.

I made my way over to Link and sat down in front of him. Without warning, he latched onto my neck and started sucking greedily. I yelped in pain as Sphinx joined in. I felt my energy being drained once again, but at least I could restore the energy that I'd lost.

"I didn't see Griffin or anyone who looked suspicious. There are still some women left inside the room where I found Riza. Where is Xander?" I asked Yami. She sat a ways away from me with her hand on Gabriel's back, giving him support. Judging by his facial expression, I could easily tell that he'd rather not be in such a vulnerable position.

"He is still searching the mansion. I didn't see Griffin either. I'd say let's forget about him and get out of here. We have our guildmates, no need to stay any longer."

I didn't have to say anything; Gabriel was quick to set the demon straight.

"What the hell is wrong with you? The whole purpose of this trip was to see what was happening and help in any way that we can! Stop saying stupid things, Yami! I already told you, if you can't get your act together, you can leave." I remained quiet as Gabriel glared up at Yami. She sat there, tears glistening in her ruby eyes.

My attention turned away from them, my mind shifting to how and why Yami and I were able to complete what we set out to do so easily. It should have been significantly more difficult to save our guild members, and as happy as I was to have Riza, I couldn't help but question why Lord Griffin hadn't taken her with him if he was fleeing. According to what I heard down in the basement, Riza was pregnant.

My heart immediately dropped. I was starting to dread the moment Riza finally woke up. As terrible as it sounded, she was better off remaining in the oblivious world that she was currently in.

My train of thought was interrupted as Link and Sphinx finally gave my poor veins a break.

I gave a narrow-eyed glare to the both of them, "You guys owe me," I hissed.

Sphinx smirked seductively as he slowly licked my blood off of his lips.

"I know of a good way to pay you back," he whispered into my ear suggestively, only to receive a slap from his brother. Ignoring both of them, I started to create mana potions. I passed them around the group. I had no idea where Griffin was, or the person he was working with. What I did know was that we could be attacked at any given moment, and my guildmates needed to have their strength up so we could defend ourselves. Since the vampire brothers had all but sucked me dry, I made sure to drink some to replenish the mana and energy I'd lost.

Minutes later, we all were back on our feet, everyone except for Riza. As soon as they gained their energy, they had started healing her, but despite their efforts, she had yet to awaken.

"Melvin, I'm going to need you to stay here and shield Riza. Riddick, I need you to stay and protect both of them. I'm trusting you with both of their lives, don't fail me." Gabriel, back to his usual self, started giving off orders.

"Arlen, Griffin and whoever is helping him couldn't have gone too far. Use your Enemy Detection and find them. Xana, Landon, help Arlen track them down. Summon some spirits to aid in the search. Seth, I want some nasty potions. Link and Sphinx, I need you both to find those women and heal them. Emry, you come with me. Link, Sphinx, Xana, and Landon, when you've finished doing what I ordered, meet me in the center of the city, you to Arlen."

With that, everyone took off, doing what they'd been told. I closed my eyes and cleared my thoughts. When I detected enemies, I usually picked up on their life force; these were shown to me as colors. Enemy detection only picked up on things that would be dangerous to me or people or things I had labeled as dangerous. Red was bad, green was good, white was neutral. Lord Griffin and his accomplice would both be red since they both were a danger to me. I was a bit wary of Griffin's accomplice. I had no idea what I would pick up. They were powerful.

A bird's view of the city slowly appeared in my mind. Lots of red dots started popping up all over the place. Most of them were guards, but there was one that was brighter than the others. I immediately knew that one belonged to Griffin, beside Griffin's bright red life force was a color I'd never seen before, black.

I focused on the color and immediately regretted it after. I shouted as pain like no other assaulted me. My eyes flew open and I curled up on the floor in agony. My eyes burned as if salt had been thrown in them and my limbs felt as if a thousand needles were being forced through my skin. I could feel hands on me and multiple voices asking me what was wrong, but I was in too much pain to pay them any attention.

As quick as it came, it went. I slowly sat up, glaring at the world around me. Whoever that bastard was, I would be paying them back for that dirty stunt twice as hard. Despite that unpleasant experience, I had found the people we were looking for, and I was ready to deliver a fresh dosage of pain.

_Gieo_

Update...update...update is hereeeeeeeee.