Ch. 16

Ch. 16

Arlen

Helen was more than angry; I could hear her growling from the other side of the call. Landon sat beside me on his legs, his hands on his legs as Helen chastised him for keeping me out so long. It was quite a sight, seeing the prince of my country frantically apologizing and begging for forgiveness.

"You have no idea how worried I was! Especially with the demon hour approaching! Dammit Arlen!"

Helen's voice cracked and my heart dropped. Immediately, I was wracked with intense guilt as I realized just how distraught Helen must have been. Thanks to me falling asleep, I had missed all of Helen's frantic calls until I finally woke up. Helen released a shaky sigh and sniffed. Landon's face was one of guilt as well.

"I'm sorry Helen," I whispered.

I knew that there wasn't an excuse for my behavior, so I remained as Helen quietly composed herself.

"First thing tomorrow morning, I want you back here so you can be punished!" Helen snapped. With that, she ended the call, leaving Landon and I in silence.

Landon turned towards me and bowed his head.

"I'm terribly sorry for not taking you home before the demon hour. I just wasn't ready to part ways with you yet, I wanted more time. My selfishness has caused your friend much grief, and I am very sorry."

I blushed and stared down at my hands. Despite being a little slow in some areas, I was by no means dense. I knew that Landon's behavior and the way I would catch him looking at me meant that he was possibly interested in me, but then again, assuming that he was interested in me made me feel as if I thought highly of myself. I didn't want to come off that way. I released a shaky breath and finally asked what had been weighing on my mind.

"Why would you want to spend so much time with a commoner? I'm nobody, just some low-level Caster who just happened to be reincarnated in this world. Why go out of your way to get to know someone as unremarkable as me?"

I slowly looked back up at Landon, my heart clenching when I saw the look he was giving me. He looked incredibly angry, and I immediately wondered if I had forgotten my place by questioning someone of his status. I quickly went to apologize, but I never got the chance to. My heart was going a mile a minute as he suddenly grabbed my face and captured my lips with his. My body started to tingle pleasurably and I moaned quietly into his mouth. My eyes flew open in panic and I quickly pushed him away.

"W-What are you doing?" I stuttered as I scooted away from him. A shiver traveled down my spine as I resisted the urge to let him do with me as he pleased.

Landon looked at me as if I was his first tasty meal in months. He looked absolutely ravenous, and I loved it, despite my brain yelling at me to calm down and go take a cold shower. He suddenly laughed and ran his long fingers through his hair. Since he wasn't wearing a shirt, I found myself practically drooling over his perfectly sculpted body.

"I thought me showering you with attention would be enough for you to know what I want. But I guess I'm just going to have to come out and say it. I want you, Arlen. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in love with you or anything, I just want to sleep with you. There's no way I'd allow myself to fall for a commoner, hell before now, I never even thought twice about your kind, but when I saw you with Mandy that day, I knew that I had to have you."

My heart squeezed painfully in my chest as Landon revealed his true colors to me. How stupid of me, thinking that someone like me could actually become friends with someone of his status. I smirked softly as I remembered a certain "friend" I had back on Earth. Long story short, that friend turned out to be nothing of the sort, just another person wanting to use me for whatever reason. Suddenly any and all interest that I had in him suddenly vanished into thin air. No longer was he the attractive prince that made my heart speed up or cause me to blush, he was a disgusting creep with a personality to match.

"Surely you won't mind letting me use you for tonight, right? I mean, any other commoner would jump at the chance to have any interaction with my family and I, so I'm going to go ahead and assume you aren't any different, so how about it? I'll pay you if that's what you want."

Covering my face with my hand, a disbelieving laugh escaped me. I don't know why I was laughing seeing as my feelings were hurt and I was promptly played like a fiddle, but it seemed to be the only thing I could do.

"But of course," I chuckled, "I don't know why I didn't expect such a cliché character to appear. Whether it's back on Earth or here, people like you who live their lives getting any and everything they ask for always turn out to be these pathetic beings who thinks the entire world revolves around them, people who think that everyone else alive is born to make your life as easy as possible. You all think that money can get you everything you want in life. It's quite a sad existence really. I foolishly expected there to be more to you than just your line of birth, but it turns out that you're just yet another pampered little boy."

I continued to laugh, "I'm so stupid for thinking there was more to you."

Landon's face was one of surprise and barely masked anger as he watched me. Finally, after I had calmed down, I turned towards him, my expression cold and unforgiving.

"You really are a disappointment, Prince Landon Nox."

I didn't want to see his stupid face any longer. The longer I stayed in his presence, the sicker I felt. Climbing out of the bed, I went to the other side of the hotel room and erected a wall between us. Since the building was made of wood, I simply stretched it out part of the wall until I created another room entirely. It wasn't the best, but as long as he was out of my sight, I did not care in the slightest. I was tempted to take my chances outside in the demon hour, but I wasn't stupid enough to do that. I would just have to wait about three hours until I was certain the demon hour was over, and then I would leave. Staying any longer with him would probably drive me insane.

With that in mind, I summoned my floating chair in the form of a large bed that took up the entire room. With a tired sigh, I climbed into the cloud bed and tried to sleep, but all I could really do was cry. When I woke up in this world, I was confused, distraught and scared, but thanks to meeting both Helen and Casper, I was able to see that this world wasn't so bad, and there was beauty to be seen everywhere. Somehow, I expected this place to be different but Landon had just proved to me that no matter where I went, people would always be the same. I desperately regretted talking to him that day and accepting his friend request. I should have left as soon as I introduced myself, had I done that, my heart wouldn't be hurting so much now.

With a sigh, I softly settled into my bed and finally managed to drift off. Three hours pass by extremely quickly when you were comfortable and I wanted nothing more to stay exactly where I was, but I knew I had to get away from him. I reluctantly crawled out of bed and pulled my clothes from yesterday out of my storage. Just as I thought they would be, my boxers from yesterday were still wet, so I stuffed them into my storage and went commando. It wasn't ideal but it would have to do until I returned home. I quietly slipped into my jeans and hoodie and strapped on my comfortable leather boots. Grabbing my brush, I ran it through my long, unruly hair until it was smooth and free of tangles. I didn't have the energy to tie it back, so I let it tumble down my back and over my shoulders. I slowly molded the wall I'd erected back to its original shape and turned my cloud bed back to its original form.

I tried to quietly float by, but it seems as Landon was already awake.

"So you're leaving then?"

I didn't answer. Instead, I discarded him from my friends' list and exited the room. I could hear him moving inside and calling after me, but I didn't dare stop. I was scared since it was still dark outside, but I refused to be stopped now. Being near the ocean meant that the nights were cold, so when I took to the air, I was immediately shivering from the cool air. Pulling up my world map, something I had learned thanks to that prick, I made my way back home.

_Gieo_