Ch. 31

Ch. 31

Arlen

I was sore, very sore, tired and hungry. I slowly opened my eyes, blushing when I saw a naked Sphinx pulling on his clothes. He turned towards me, smiling.

"Good morning," he hummed.

I groaned in response and snuggled back into the bed. I didn't feel like getting up today, but I would have to. Gabriel wanted to discuss what we would be doing before we landed. I slowly sat up and rubbed my eyes, not caring that I was still stark naked. Sphinx has seen all there was to see last night, so there was no need to be embarrassed now. Throwing off the covers, I grabbed my clothes off the floor and made my way to the bathroom. I gasped as I was suddenly grabbed by my arm. He pulled me into a hug, planting a quick kiss on my cheek.

"Thanks for last night."

With a wink, he exited the room, leaving me alone.

With a sigh, I entered the bathroom and made me a bath. After last night, I just needed a long soak and time to think. Some people would probably regret doing what I did, but I didn't. I really have no idea what I was thinking when I slept with him, but now that it's over; I wouldn't mind doing it again. I sank deeper into the water as Landon's confession popped up into my head once more. After some thought, I decided that I didn't care of he was telling the truth or not. That confession doesn't change a thing and it won't make me forgive him so easily. After this mission, we would go our separate ways once more and that'll be that.

With my mind made up, I finished up my bath and got out, deciding to dress in jeans and a hoodie since it was a bit cold out. After running a brush through my hair, I left it down, hoping that it would cover the love bites on my neck. After adjusting my hoodie, I left the room.

Thankfully we would be landing today, I was glad we were finally getting off this stuffy airship. I could only hope Link wouldn't stuff me inside that suit again.

"You and Sphinx coming out of the same room, I bet I can guess what happened in there."

I turned around, a bit surprised when I saw Yami leaning against the wall next to my bedroom door. She was dressed in a snug sweater, a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and combat boots. Her pink hair was done up in a high ponytail.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Why was she here? Obviously it couldn't be for anything good. Yami has made it more than clear that she hates my presence in the guild. Every time I'm around her, she makes sure to glare at me like I kicked her puppy or something.

"So, what's it to you?" I replied as I turned to face her, "Last I checked, it wasn't any of your business."

She rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"I just wanted to tell you, since I never got the chance, that I do not like you. In fact, I hate you. This guild doesn't need you."

I laughed. I really didn't know where this was coming from or why she thought it was appropriate to spring this on me now, but if she wanted to take it there, I was more than willing to go.

I turned towards her with an evil smirk on my lips.

"Are you threatened by me, Yami? I mean, that has to be it, right? You might not see the need for me being here, but Gabriel does, that's why he accepted me into the guild. Usually, a guild doesn't need more than one caster, but there must be a reason why he accepted another. Perhaps you're lacking."

She looked absolutely murderous. It was common knowledge among the guild that Yami was absolutely infatuated with Gabriel. It wasn't like she was hiding it either. Every time she looked at him, her eyes lit up and she stared at him as if they were the only ones on the planet. Too bad Gabriel didn't feel the same way.