The Way Home

I ran home as quickly as I could. I had chores to do, and as much as i love the cold, if there's no fire you'll freeze to death. As I see through the dark, starry night, there is a light tarp, looks like the fires started early tonight. I lift up a piece of the tarp and let myself in, looking at the kids and parents running around the place. I giggle a bit as I look at them playing. "Look it's Auntie An " one of the little ones say. They all look over and wave to me so I politely wave back.
     I head to my little bed and quickly change into short shorts and a gray under shirt. I take out the barrettes in my hair, letting my ears and tail free. "Of god, thats better." I sigh in relief. I walk around the place, my tail swaying in the breeze, slightly grazing the ground "NIIIIIICCKKKKKK! HELP ME SET UP THESE FIRES OR I'LL KICK YOUR @$$!" I yell getting close to the fire barrels. A boy with long blond hair and blue eyes steps forward to me. "What Anna?!" He fires back at me. "Help me set up these fires" I chuckle. We walk around the broken down highway, starting fires to keep us warm. "You know, that fire of yours really helps" I say to him. Nick just smiles his snake like tongue sticks out. Nick here, is a half breed. Somehow a dragon and a human got together are he's what came out.
"No problem Ans" he says to me. I look back at Nick and sigh. "So, I found her today. I found the girl" I say with a slight blush dancing across my face. Nick just looks at me with a cherry grin. "That's great Anna! What's her name? What does she look like? What's her personality? What's h-" I shut him up by putting a finger on his lips. "I don't know her name, she looks absolutely stunning and I don't know anything else you're gonna ask. She came into the cafe today, she was with , you know. The bullies" I say looking down. Nick sighs and looks over to me. "You better chase her as fast as your wolf can." I smile at him, "Of course, I'm a gonna go to bed. Early morning tomorrow." I smile before waving him a goodbye.
     I head off to my cardboard box bed, and tuck myself in. Letting my wolf take control, changing me into a small brown fluff ball. My tiredness takes over me, letting myself fall into a deep slumber.