Her...

Vanessa's P.O.V. 

         There she was, sleeping at her desk, whimpering and covered in cold sweat. It scared me, seeing that Anna, under her own sleep's grasp. The bell had already rang, the day was over and everyone has left except us and the teachers. I don't know what to do, I can't just leave her here. I sigh, I don't know where she lives or anything so I guess I have to do the next best thing. I gotta try and wake her up. I look at her body once again, her beanie was slipping. I wonder what's under there anyways, it seems like she never takes it off. It doesn't matter anyways. I shake her lightly, she still does not seem like she's gonna wake. I shake a bit harder till I see her eyes open.        "H-Hey Anna, are you okay?" I say, quietly and quite concerned. She looked like she was gonna scream, I cover her mouth. "Everything is okay, it was just a bad dream." I uncover her mouth and she fixes her beanie like there was something she was hiding in it. She reaches for her front pocket, looking for something but not finding it.
        "W-Where am I." She says sheepishly. "We're at school, it ended thirty minutes ago." I say and she looks a bit shocked.
         "CRAP! I'm gonna be late for my shift!" she yelled as she got up from her seat and grabbed her bag. I grab her wrist out of confidence.
      "Woah there, let me walk you there." I say, she muttered "Alright." but you can tell she didn't want to. I grab my bag and stand from my seat. "Let's go then." I say to her with a smile while she looks still shaken up from the nightmare.
        She walks out with me by her side as we enter the town. We walk up to this cafe that I remember from my first day here. "Wait, you work here?" I question, I don't remember her yesterday.

        "Uh, yea."She said as she walks in and I follow. She heads to the back room and you can hear her talk with the chefs. A few minutes later I see her walk out in a maid costume, her face was beat red, she had what I think are fake wolf ears. It made my heart pound at a rapid rate. "Welcome mistress, I am glad you decided to join us today." she said, bowing to me even though that's what the butlers did. I smile. "Let me take you to your table." She says as she leads me to a table near the kitchen. "I shall be back when you are ready to order mistress." she says before she walks away to take the others orders. I take a look at the menu, seeing that there was some really nice options. I consinplate what I should get as she walks up to me. "What shall you dine on today miss." she says.

       "I'll have the strawberry parfait and some tea"(and maybe you).

     She nods and looks back at me.
     "It will be with you shortly." She says before she runs off and yells something at the chefs, it makes me laugh. I look at my phone as I reply to a few texts from my cousin and mother. I sigh, we are going through a rough time but her, at least I have something to look up for...

        (A quick change to Anna's POV sorry) My face was burning bright, I have to show my ears off to the world as they pretend they're fake. It brings in customers but it's kinda embarrassing.               "Make sure the food is good boys." I say to them.
     "Yeah, yeah Anna we get it." one of them says

      "Why are you wearing a dress anyways? Did you forget your suit and stuff cause your ears are out." The other says. I sigh before I tell them what happened only moments ago. The nod as I talk, understanding the problem.

       "I get it, the food it ready by the way." The first one says. I grab the food and start handing them back to the customers. I head back to the kitchen once more, grabbing Vanessa's order. I walk over to her, my heart thumping like crazy. I place her parfait on the table along with her tea.

       "I hope the food it to your liking mistress." I say as I give her a smile and work on the others orders. Business went as usual, other than the few glances that I would see Vanessa give me, but it made me feel better. My shift was coming to an end so I head to the back and change back into my school clothes and my beanie, I felt relieved to hide them once again. I walk out of the back and see that Vanessa already left. I smiled sadly. I don't want her to know where I live, but I didn't want to see her go. I leave the cafe and run home, to the little abandoned highway. The stars start shining brighter, showing off their beauty. I reach the abandoned highway that I called home and moved the tarp, seeing that the fires were already set and everyone was quiet. It was. I head to my tiny room and change into something comfortable and quickly fall asleep even though I dreaded the decision...

~~~~~~~~~~
Let me say that I am very sorry that I haven't been able to update lately. School has been in the way since the quarter is ending. I hope that this chapter will do as I write the next. Also, I thank the few people who actually read this, I'm surprised that people are interested in this story even with my bad writing. If the next chapter takes a bit I'm sorry, it's probably cause I have to bring my english grade up. ANYWAYS I hope you had fun reading this!