What is she? Vanessa's POV

As the bell rings I see Anna dashing off for the door. It makes me wonder where she is going. Oh, hello there! I'm Vanessa. I have brown eyes, tan skin and pretty nice hair. Or well, that's what my peers tell me. Anyways, I'm left there sitting in a daze, still looking where Anna left. I wanted to follow her, I don't know why but I do. I got up from my desk, a smile showed up on my face. I wanted to follow her. Her smell was intoxicating. Like tree pine meshed with fresh cut grass. It smelled just, just. Amazing! I grab my lunch from my bag that hanged beside me, a little thing they call a "bento box" I guess. I see it as a way to separate the good food. I walk out of class, only to be held back by my cousin, Kylie. She was always a bit annoying but I never minded her. "Come on cuz, let's have lunch!" she says in an overly annoying voice. "No thanks, I'd rather eat alone today." I say with a smile. "Plus we can eat lunch together another time." I said, after minutes of persuading her she let me go. "SUre, just don't eat on the roof, that's where the d!#e eats." Kylie says. Honestly that kinda hurt me, I wasn't lesbian but I highly support the community, she knows that too. I scoff it off then head off to the stairs. Slowly climbing up them, wondering who had the guts to come out to the school. I open the door, the smell of pine and fresh cut grass fills my nostrils. I look over to the bench, blue stripes, bobbed hair, and a cute gray beanie. I stare at her wide eyed as she stared back at me in shock. She was chewing on a piece of meat. It looked like steak. Our gaze kept as we fell silent. She was the first one to talk, "O thank god. I thought you were someone else." She said, slightly shaky. I guess she wasn't the only one surprised. "Really."I reply with confidence, she just looks at me. "Didn't one of your friends tell you not to come here?" she said looking at be as if I might have a bomb strapped to my chest. I guess some people here don't like her. I don't see why though, her clothes may be scratched but she is beautiful. "Yea, my cousin did, but then again I don't listen to her." I say, walking over to the bench, looking at the view it gave when you sit down. "No one ever comes up here, hell after I started showing up here the plants were dying. Not even the gardening club came up here after." She said, taking a sip of some type of soda, although it smelled like some type of alcoholic drink. Wait, she shouldn't even be legal yet, how would she even get something like that. I nod my head, opening my bento box, looking at the food my mother and aunt worked on. I take a few bites before noticing something out of the corner of my eye. Anna was staring at something, I guess she was looking at the food since she was drooling. I pick up a piece with the chopsticks and hold out in front of her. She snaps out of her gaze, looking at me like she was confused. "Have some!" I say to her, she looks at my face, looking for an answer of some sort. Finding nothing she just takes a bite. "Damn this is good." I hear her mumble, making me laugh. Finally I noticed something, she didn't have a lunch box or a bento box of some sort. All she had in her hand was a plastic bag filled with steak and other types of meat. I look down at the box, seeing that some stuff is left. I tap Anna on the shoulder, catching her attention. She looks at me as I hand her the box. "You should eat, it's not healthy to only eat meat." I say to her. "I'm fine." She says but her stomach growls, giving her away. A slight blush goes across her face, making me laugh ever so more. "Eat." I say to her, she just rolls her eyes and replied "Fine then." She takes the chopsticks, and uses them, it must be her first time using them too. She takes a few bites as I watched her. I don't know why but she was quite interesting to me. From the beanie to the boy uniform. Which I'm still wondering why she wears them. Her answer earlier honestly did not satisfy my hunger. "So, you from Canada right? What's it like there?" Anna asks, taking me out of my trance. "O-Oh, it's quite nice there. Lots of snow, and it's just nice and cool there. You said you were from America right? What state?" I reply, she looks back at me, her hazel brown eyes staring into my soul. "I'm from Nevada, a big town right next to Vegas. Most people never have heard it in their life though." She chuckles. "I used to live there until I had to move here. It was always hot but it was bearable. Playing outside, meeting new people. Going to water parks. It was all fun and games." She said, the last part in a serious tone. I was about to reply until the bell rang, telling us to leave the roof. "Time for P.E. I'll see you cutie." She says getting up from the bench. I could have sworn I saw her wink. A-Anyways I dashed off to class. Ready to see what will happen next...