Chapter Three

Once of Renata's favourite things about Harry was how friendly the boy was across any person he met, it was only his first reaction to greet strangers with a smile

Once of Renata's favourite things about Harry was how friendly the boy was across any person he met, it was only his first reaction to greet strangers with a smile. Of course, it also met that James and Renata had to be somewhat extra cautious with Harry as they didn't want his friendly nature to set him up for trouble. He was allowed to talk to strangers or greet them when as long as he was in the company of one of them. And with so many people always wanting to see him because of the scar, he was constantly reinforced by people coming over to say hello.

Renata would admit that while she understood why people were enthralled about the idea of seeing the Boy-Who-Lived up close, she had to wonder when the hype was going to die down revolving around his name if it ever would? Her worst fear for Harry had been expressed back when she had first met Harry and James, and that was knowing that people were going to glamourise such a horrible moment in time. Sure, Harry had survived and Lord Voldemort had been defeated but terrible things had happened surroundings that moment that it wasn't all such a good thing.

Thankfully, James was in a better state of mind, still attending regular sessions with Dr Mullins but sometimes when people approached the three of them out in public, Renata just wanted to tell them to fuck off. But of course, it wouldn't be as easy as that and Renata faced her own troubles when it came to the media and people approaching her with their own questions pertaining to her mother and the academy. People obviously had a tendency to be incredibly insensitive to others feelings, in the beginning, Renata just believed that she was just incredibly sensitive because she could feel what others were going through. However, she was able to see that some people were inconsiderate and didn't care at all about someone else felt.

But Harry had a heart of gold and when people seemed genuinely happy to see him, he was happy to see them.

However, what Renata was going to learn was that not everyone was thrilled about Harry's survival, there were actually people who had supported Lord Voldemort, Renata had to keep reminding herself of that. She had learned from James, Sirius, and Remus that there were people who had fought for the other side and had walked away with something as simple as a slap on the wrist for their crimes.

"But how could they get away with such a thing?" Renata asked, unable to come to terms that people that had once considered themselves Death Eaters were walking around freely. "How could the world just allow them to walk away like it was nothing?"

James didn't have a direct answer because he was unsure of it himself. "A lot of them claimed that they were under the Imperius Curse," he informed her, a bitter tone lacing his voice, "apparently, that was good enough for them to be relieved of the punishment of their crimes."

"That's ridiculous though," Renata shook her head, "you were all able to witness that they weren't under the Imperius Curse, why not take your word for it? You all fought against them on a daily basis, what more proof needed?"

"A lot of Death Eaters were locked away, Ren," Sirius reassured her, " don't get us wrong, a lot of them were rounded up and imprisoned in Azkaban. It was Peter who ratted them all out when he was caught. I guess since he was going there anyway, he figured he would do the right thing finally and take the load of them with him."