The Reception

Mr and Mrs Potter, James loved the sound of it so much that he kept reciting it in his head after the ceremony came to an end

Mr and Mrs Potter, James loved the sound of it so much that he kept reciting it in his head after the ceremony came to an end. Perhaps it was a bit cliché to claim that he felt like the luckiest man in the world, but he didn't care. He truly felt as though everything had fallen into place for him finally. After years of hardship, having to grow up fast during the times of wars and losing himself to the darkness for quite some time, James had found the light at the end of the tunnel and it came in the form of Renata.

Somehow, a beautiful woman with an equally beautiful heart had found him and Harry, completing their family once again. They had their ups and downs, but it was what made their relationship so strong in the long run. Despite all the chaos they had endured together, James wouldn't have traded it for anything in the world because everything had turned out right in the end. He had a wife, who he loved dearly and Harry had a mother, who was going to protect him and love him with all of her being.

At the end of the ceremony, while everyone came over to congratulate the couple, James swore he felt something warm touch the side of his face, and for a split second, smelled what he knew had been Lily's perfume. He took it as her blessing and well wishes that he continued to find happiness because she knew that it would be better for Harry's upbringing. They had both made promises once Harry was born that they would do anything for him, and it was just their luck that they found someone else willing to do the same.

Thanking Lily for all the wonderful memories, James stole a glance up to the skies before turning to Renata, who was currently crouched down surrounded by Harry, Neville, Huxley, and Ron, all of them marvelling at her dress that Sirius had worked so incredibly hard on. Meanwhile, Sirius and Adelmo were holding onto each other, both of them attempting to fight back their tears but steadily losing the battle.

Remus had found his way to McGonagall, the two happily chatting away in the company of each other. Augusta and the Weasley family gathered around them as well, Molly blessing both James and Renata with strong kisses to the sides of their faces.

And finally, it was time for the reception, where everyone could gather for a nice meal and some dancing for the rest of the day. James held out his hand to his wife, waiting until Renata glanced up at him. As soon as she met his gaze, she took his hand but also took the opportunity to take off the heels that she had been wearing the entire time.

"I tell you what," she said leaning into him, " Sirius makes it look far too easy. I envy people who can walk in heels for hours."

Of course, Renata taking off her shoes led the children to believe that it was time to take off theirs as well. And before any of the adults could say anything, they were all barefoot and racing off into the grass.

"You could have come down the aisle barefoot, I wouldn't have minded at all," James told her, "but if your feet hurt allow me to help."

She furrowed her brow in confusion but only for a second before she found herself lifted off her feet, being carried in James' arms. He smiled down at her, looking all too proud of himself at the moment. She was about to tell him that she thought it was a tradition for the bride to be carried the threshold, but instead, Renata simply gave a shrug of her shoulders and draped her arms around his neck.