the cabana at noon

I woke up the next morning excited and eager. Also, not to mention, bright and early. After talking with Noah last night, I could finally fall asleep with ease. I wasn't sure if it was the alcohol or just being so full of butterflies that I fell asleep so quickly following our conversation. I chose Noah.

The only one awake besides me was Violet who was taking her time doing her makeup. I crawled to the edge of my bed and sat there staring at her.

"God, I wish I could do makeup like you." I sighed, looking at her techniques and the way she was able to look absolutely flawless even in the dry, Mexican heat.

She laughed. "It's not that good." Violet was very humble. She honestly never thought she was that good until we pressured her to apply to cosmetology school. "Violet, you look perfect, its not fair." I whined.

Violet just rolled her eyes and continued to apply her matte lipstick that was a pink, mauve color.

"So..." I started. "Noah and I are having lunch today at the Cabana."

Violet turned around to face me with a huge open mouthed smile. "Sophia, shut up!"

"No, It's true. He asked me last night while you guys were asleep." I rocked on the bed, giddy with excitement.

She was in awe and just scoffed. "I cannot believe this, Soph." She started. "I'm so happy for you." She laughed and turned back to doing her makeup.

"Thanks Vi, I'm really excited." I said as if she couldnt tell.

"Well you gotta get ready, girl, its 10 o'clock."

"Well, I was thinking..." I stood up from the bed and walked over to her. "Can you do my makeup?" I asked.

"I thought you'd never ask." She smiled at me with a devilish grin.

————————

Instagram
@sophiaramirez
Location: Cancún Resort, Mexico

@sophiaramirez: hi, i'd like to let everyone know that @violett is going to be my personal MUA and photographer from now on until forever 💓💓

——————-

Violet did an amazing job. I felt sexy, but like I wasnt trying too hard. I felt confident which was something I didnt feel often. I bravely strode down to the cabana at exactly 12:01 where Noah had already been seated. He twiddled on his phone while leaned back in his chair.

I walked closer and he looked up from his phone and lowered his sunglasses from his eyes.

He seated himself upright and leaned on the edge of his seat.

"Wow..." He said as I pulled the chair back and sat down. "What?" I asked, laughing nervously.

"You look..." He looked me up and down. "Amazing." He smiled which somehow appeared on my face as well. Before I could say 'thank you' a waiter walked up to us.