Power

When I woke up, it was because Taylor was shaking me awake.

"Sleeyhead, tell me everything!" She said shaking me.

I groaned in response, not at all ready to wake up after my long night.

"C'mon, Soph!" Violet said, jumping on my bed. "Spill!"

I sat up and rubbed my tired eyes. "What time is it?" I asked.

"Doesnt matter." Violet rushed. "What happened last night?"

I almost didnt want to tell them. It felt weird to want to keep something from my best friends but I kind of wanted to keep it a secret more. Having it be mine and Noah's secret just between us.

"Nothing really," I sighed. "We sat on the beach for like 30 minutes and talked." I lied.

They saw me go behind that rock with him so they knew something was going on. I just didnt want to give them the whole story.

"Ugh," Violet sighed dramatically. "Thats it?"

I nodded and fell back into bed. "I'm sorry, kiddo." Taylor said, stroking my arm.

"Nah, It's okay. It was a nice talk." I rolled over on my stomach to hide my smiles into the pillow.

——————-
Instagram
@sophiaramirez

756 likes                       45 comments @sophiaramirez: my heart is officially taken by mexico!!!!

756 likes 45 comments
@sophiaramirez: my heart is officially taken by mexico!!!!

@username: sophia ur glowing
@vivi: your hearts also taken by a certain someone .... ;)
@sophiaramirez: fuck off :,))
@username: how do i get ur body ugh

———————-

My friends decided that we were going to go into town for our third day. I had maintained my story of only talking with Noah when really all I could think about was kissing him again.

Taylor and Rosie led the way through the bustling streets of the marketplace. Local merchants stood outside of their shops and on the side of the street with little trinkets and hand made things. Taylor and Rosie stopped at almost every shop and bought some sort of knick knack. At one of the shops, turquoise bracelets caught all of our eyes and we all bought one.

"Frienship bracelets because we're all gonna be apart next year." Taylor frowned at us. She was definetly the sentimentalist of our group and we all followed her reaction at the sad thought.

We all immediately put on our bracelets, admiring them, and feeling even more connected. I was sad that they were all leaving me but I knew that no matter how far we moved, we'd always all be best friends.

I also ended up buying an intricate dreamcatcher, hoping the trinket would somehow help me sleep.

After hours of shopping, I had to call it quits. "I think I'm gonna walk back to the room guys." I said, exhausted.