Love Confirmed

Noah's POV

Noah's POV

I was awake all night. As soon as that drunk mistake left my lips, I knew I messed up. I had been contemplating all night that maybe she really did fall asleep that quickly. I mean, she did have a lot to drink and the sex we had was pretty intense, the probability was very high.

Still, I couldn't shake that feeling that maybe some part of her heard me. Drunk Sophia maybe didn't pick up on it, but maybe sober Sophia would.

I tossed and turned all night. It felt like I got absolutely no sleep. Finally, around 7, I gave up on trying and woke myself up fully.

I looked over at her. Her brown hair sprawled across my pillows, some of it ontop of my arms. Her plump lips were slightly parted as she breathed deeply, every once in a while, snoring. Her eyelashes looked so much longer when her eyes were closed, more prominent and curled I suppose.

Her naked body was amazing. I couldn't see anything besides her bare back. She had clutched the blanket over her chest all night. I couldn't help but roll over to face her back. Her small head curled downward towards her chest.

I traced her back. I noticed I was tracing those three words across her spine and stopped myself.

Was that really how I felt? We had only known each other for about a week.

I placed a small kiss on her shoulder blade, wanting to feel her skin on my lips again. I smiled at the girl. Maybe I did love her. She made me feel things that I've never felt before.

With my last girlfriend, we were always just together because it was convenient. She was a cheerleader and I was a football player. We made sense.

Sophia Ramirez does not make sense. It doesnt make sense that I would come on vacation with my friends and meet this girl. This beautiful, intelligent, kind girl. It was confusing and constantly messed with my head. But when we were together, I didn't worry about all the little details. I only thought about kissing her cheek or holding her or spoiling her. All I wanted to do was take this girl on dates for the rest of her life.

She told me about Jack and I know she was not treated right with him. I wanted her to know how sexy and amazing she is. Forever.

Forever? The confusion is consuming me.

I heard a ding on the bedside table next to me. Assuming it was my phone, I picked it up and groggily wiped my eyes to read the text that was sent.

jack
hey baby girl, can we talk?

My eyes went wide and my heart beat quickened. This was not my phone.

Why the fuck was he calling her 'babygirl'? My blood was boiling, I could feel it. I sat up in bed with my back against the headboard and stared at the message.

Then another one popped up.

jack
please baby. i miss you

I scoffed at the text. I couldn't believe this dude. After how he treated Sophia...