Échapper

"in the beginning, God created heaven and earth,
for what it's worth; I think that he might've created you first."

~Escape~

"Well, I suggest you start. His voice is heavenly just like his songs, and don't get me started on his lyrics."

"Okay, I will." Dan replied to me.

"I feel so relaxed while listening to him and he's so smart." I continued ranting about Frank Ocean.

Savannah groaned. "Why would you open her mouth?" She said to Dan, while I glared at her.

"Honestly, I just asked if you guys knew any good songs and she kinda went off."

Logan snorted.

"Do not ask that question around her." Sav warned him and I just chuckled, not blaming her.

I just get happy when people ask me for good music so I can talk about many amazing underrated artists that I love.

I gave her my middle finger. "Well, you would be missing out but okay."

"You can always talk to me about it." Logan patted my head making me frown. I'm not a baby.

I shrugged his hand off.

"Yeah I'm sure he doesn't mind." Dan teased with a smirk.

Logan punched his arm lightly. "Shut up."

I ignored them and ate my noodles.

"So like, do any of you guys believe in reincarnation?" Savannah asked out of the blue. She tends to do that a lot.

She zones out and doesn't even bother to join the current conversation, instead she just says what she's thinking.

"Not really, no. But to be honest I did come close to doing so after watching the movie A Dog's Purpose." I replied, joking.

"I like to believe in it. The idea of getting a second chance to live life is kinda exiting." Logan said while opening another pack of noodles.

"Yeah, but it's also kind of stupid, because if our souls are incarnated, shouldn't we be able to remember stuff from our past lives?" Dan said.

"Exactly." I agreed with him.

"I mean, I read somewhere that the memories from our past lives appear as deja vu's in our real lives, you know? Like when certain places look familiar to us even though we've never seen them before..." Savannah trailed off.

"Yeah yeah," Logan tagged in. "I also read another one that was really freaky. It was that our fears can point to bad things that happened to us in a previous incarnation, like a fear of water. That might mean we drowned in our past life... or fear of fire might mean we died in some kind of fire before."

I rolled my eyes. "These don't prove anything. They're all things that make us human. I mean, everyone is scared of something, whether it's water or fire or spiders." I argued.

"Definitely. Plus, I think scientists confirmed that deja vu is not flashback from past lives. It's just a feeling of familiarity, it happens when you experience something similar as before or when you see something you've actually seen before and you just don't remember about it cause your brain pushed it away." Dan backed me up.

"Yeah, or you were probably a child. Either way, it's just your brain struggling to process all the information and it's basically harmless." I finished what he was saying and he just nodded his head.