Pleurs

"some nights you dance with tears in your eyes."

~Tears~

I heard three knocks on my door and Savannah's voice.

I wiped my tears tiredly and muttered: "Come on in."

"Hi." She greeted, slowly.

She sat on my bed next to me. She probably knows this is about Aaron, and she knows exactly how to deal with me when I'm upset.
Never asks too many questions, never pushes me into talking, she just stays there next to me and comforts me in silence.
I love that. She's never left me alone.

"Logan is worried." She said.

I sighed. "He must be so confused. I left him there without a word."

"He understands. He actually told me to leave you alone for a while, that's why it took me so long to be here." She chuckled.

Aw. Another tear slid down my cheek.
He's so thoughtful.

"Now I just feel stupid for doing that."

"Hey." She wiped my tear. "You're not stupid."

"Laura, you're the opposite. You're smart and strong and I hate it when you don't see that." She continued. "And honestly, I get why this is hard for you. But you don't have to do anything you don't want to right now. It's okay to have some time to yourself."

I nodded, feeling a little better. "Thank you, Sav."

I gave her a hug. "I will now stop being pathetic and get some damn sleep."

She chuckled. "You better. Tomorrow's gonna be tiring... we're going horseback riding."

"What? Whose dumbass idea was that?"

She raised her eyebrows. "Mine!"

I laughed at her very offended expression. "Well, you are a dumbass."

"Girl, shut up. It's a wonderful idea, I promise you're gonna love it."

"You better hope I don't break my leg or anything, otherwise you're a dead woman."

"Okay, I do not agree to this responsibility. Your clumsy ass trips on steady ground let alone horses so it's not on me if you fall and die."

I dropped my jaw, pretending to be offended. She's right though, I am pretty clumsy.

"I don't care, I said what I said."

She rolled her eyes. "Ugh, so stubborn. You are such a taurus."

Her and her stupid astrology bullshit.

"Get out of my room, bitch. I don't wanna hear you talk about astrology tonight."

She giggled and turned around to leave. "Be up early tomorrow." She sang.

"Don't count on that." I sang back.

When she opened the door, I called out her name once again.
"Sav?"

"Yeah?" She stopped to look at me.

"Thank you." I smiled.

She smiled back. "I'm there for you, babe."
I chuckled at the memory.

This used to be our line back in middle school after watching the show Full House when we were kids. It's one of the characters' catchphrases.