Une Semaine de Plus

"I've been down and lost for days,
glad I found you on the way."

~One more week~

"So, you're telling me we only have two days left in Paris?" Savannah said with a pout on her face.

"Today and tomorrow." Dan replied before shoving an entire waffle in his mouth.

"No!" I whined, pouting. "I don't wanna go back to my boring life."

That thought horrified me.

"Ugh me neither!" Savannah exclaimed. "I wish I could stay in Paris forever."

"Babe if you wanna stay, we can stay a little longer." Dan turned to her.

"What?" She whispered, confused.

"Do you want to stay for a little more?"

She paused. "We can?"

He chuckled. "Of course. We can do whatever the hell we want."

"But the tickets..."

He placed his fork down. "Do you wanna stay?" He asked her.

She hesitated.
Savannah already feels bad that he's paying for everything so knowing her she won't accept it even if she wants to.

"No, babe. I don't think we should."

Look at how well I know her.

"I asked if you wanted to, not if we should." Dan persisted.

Can he be my boyfriend, please?

"I mean, yeah but who doesn't want to stay in Paris forever? I was just saying it like that. Like, we have lives to get back to."

"A couple more days won't hurt. It's still summer."

She groaned. "What are you talking about? You have to get back to work even if it's still summer."

"Babe..." He gave her a look. "I'm the boss, I work whenever I want to work."

"Shut up. On second thought... I kinda miss home."

"Now you're just saying that-"

"Why are we listening to this conversation?" Logan whispered to me, making me shut them out.

He's right, why were we listening to that conversation?

"I honestly don't know." I chuckled.

"It feels kinda awkward, do you wanna ditch them?" I offered after a few seconds.

"I thought you'd never ask." He sighed in relief and got up from his chair quickly.

"You guys, we're just gonna..." I tried to get their attention while getting up from my seat. "you know, we-we'll just be..."

I stopped to look at them. They were literally so caught up in the conversation that they weren't noticing *or hearing* me at all.