Dernier Jour à Paris

"you call the shots, babe,
I just wanna be yours."

~Last Day in Paris~

For the first time in my life, I was excited to hear the sound of my alarm, which read 7:45.
Today was the last day in paradise.

After showering and getting ready, I texted Savannah to let her know that me and Logan would be back on time for lunch.
Yesterday I hung out with her for about two hours after we got back from the mall.

She told me that they decided she was gonna have an abortion in Boston.
They're devastated about it, but they have no other choice.

I texted Logan to meet me downstairs by the bar.

Marcel greeted me. "Why so early, Laura?"

"Well, sadly, this is my last day here." I pouted. "So we're trying to make a day out of it."

He sighed. "I am gonna miss you."

"I'll miss you too, Marcel." I smiled. "Especially your martinis."

He chuckled.

I felt someone hug me from behind and immediately recognized Logan's cologne.

I smiled as my stomach did the thing.
It's crazy how much simple gestures from him are affecting me lately.
Yesterday, he bought me a chocolate and I couldn't stop thinking about it all day.

"Hi." He muttered in my hair with his arms around my waist.

"Hi." I greeted back. "You're in a good mood for someone who woke up at eight."

He stopped hugging me to sit in the chair.
"Are you?"

"Well, for once in my life, yes. Because it's for a good cause."

I'm so excited for what we were about to do today.

Yesterday as we were hanging out at the park, some activists came up to us and gave us some posters. They were about donating to a centre of children with Down Syndrome. It said on the poster that any kind of help was appreciated, whether they were gifts, money or just going by to visit and talk to them.

I realized this is something I really wanted to do. This whole month has been about me having fun, expensive places, clothes and foods that I forgot about the less fortunate ones. When I was younger, I used to do a lot of voluntary work and seeing those girls yesterday reminded me of myself.

So Logan and I decided to buy some gifts for the children too as we were shopping for our families.

Obviously, I couldn't afford buying gifts for a hundred people so Logan paid. But hey, it's the thought that counts.

"Look at you, Mother Theresa. Waking up early and shit..." Logan smirked.

"Aren't you proud?" I flapped my eyelashes.

"Mhm." He nodded. "Absolutely."

"Great, now let's get going." I took the orange juice from his hand just as he was about to sip it.

He frowned. "Give me that. There's plenty of time."

"I haven't packed everything yet, Logan." I complained.

Last night, I only managed to pack half of my things. I was drained and lazy and the more temping option was to have a nice long bath and a glass of wine. Which turned into a bottle.