Notre Dame

"I'll fight for your love,
I'll fight for your soul,
I'll throw all of my cares away for you."

~Notre Dame~

I opened my eyes to an unfamiliar sight; big window with white closed curtains.
This is not my room.

I remembered immediately that I slept over at Logan's room last night. The thought of it made me happy.

Nothing special happened, really. All we did was talk and then called it a night because we were so tired.

And yes, we did sleep in a bed together and yes, it was cute and yes, he was shirtless.
Did I pass out? Again, yes.

I feel like I haven't been getting enough rest lately, no matter how much I sleep.
Which isn't a small amount, I must add.

"Has the Goddess of sleep finally woken up?" Logan's husky voice shook me from my trail of thoughts.

I followed the sound of his voice. He was sitting at the end of the bed, all dressed up.

"Your jokes are even lamer in the morning." I said lazily.

"Shut up." He threw a pillow at me. "And get up."

"No." I closed my eyes, using the pillow he threw at me as a second pillow.

"Laura." He said warily. "You know what happens when you refuse to wake up?"

I smirked mentally, my mind wandering to the time he carried me from the beach bed when I wouldn't wake up.

"No, I don't seem to remember." I said, acting innocent. "Why don't you show me?"

He laughed. "You sneaky thing."

I smiled to myself when I heard his footsteps approaching.

I sat up. "Fine. I'm up. You don't have to show me."

"Oh, I don't mind showing you." He smirked down at me.

He was wearing a black Nike shirt and sweatpants. Good Lord, he looked good.

I have an obsession with sweatpants. Well, men in sweatpants actually.

"Of course you don't." I muttered as I got up from the bed.

"What, I don't get a morning kiss either?" He complained when I walked past him to go to the bathroom.

I made a face. "Ew, no. Are you disgusting?!"

He had a confused look on. "Why?"

"Morning breath. Duh!" I rolled my eyes and went inside the bathroom.

I heard him laugh.
Prick.

# # #

I stared at the stained glass windows, mesmerized by the beauty surrounding me.
I was standing inside of one of the very first French Gothic Cathedrals, the Notre Dame.

We thought it would pointless to be in Paris and not visit it.
The admission was free, but we payed for tickets to enter the tower.

"I'm loving the gothic vibe." Dan commented.

"Well, it is a gothic Catholic Cathedral." Logan pointed out, with his know-it-all attitude.

"You don't say." Dan murmured sarcastically.

"It's so beautiful." Savannah awed.

I nodded my head in agreement. I started taking pictures of some sculptures and statues but they were all good so I ended up with like a million pictures in my camera roll.

The most fun part was climbing the tower.
It was mostly fun because Logan and Savannah kept complaining the whole time so it was amusing to watch them struggle.
Still, I don't blame them. There were way too many steps and not a lot of places to rest along, so yeah, I can't say it was a piece of cake for me either.

But, it was worth it at the end. If you're not afraid of heights, like Savannah here, the experience is amazing. Logan seemed to have difficulty as well.

We had a close-up view of the Cathedral's roofs and spires. We saw all the stunning hotels that surrounded it.
It was fucking beautiful.

By the time we were in the car, we were tired and hungry. I mean, we always were but this time was even worse.

All I wanted to do was eat a huge pizza then go enjoy my king sized comfy ass bed.

Which is exactly what I did.
I slept for about two hours and then woke up again. It was 6 p.m.

"You're telling me you guys went out again?" I widened my eyes at the couple.

Dan was telling me him and Savannah didn't get any rest, instead they had coffee and went shopping.

"Yup." He replied.

"After all that walking and climbing?"

"Yup." He replied again.

"Well, you're crazy." I told them then took a sip of my black coffee.

"That's what I call strength." Logan said, rubbing his eyes.

I gathered by his messy hair and lazy voice that he took a nap as well.

"That's what I call stupidity." I joked.

"Bitch, you're just jealous you aren't the one who now owns a Valentino bag." Savannah held out the red purse.

I gasped. "Oh my God, it's beautiful."

I held it in my hands as I analyzed it. It was red with golden rocks.
It must've cost a lot.

"Thank you. It is." She grinned.

I handed it to her. "I will borrow this sometime, shut up I don't take no for an answer." I said rapidly.

"I wasn't gonna say no, Larr."

I smiled. "Good."

"Who wants to take a walk? I really need some fresh air." Logan spoke.

"Are you kidding? I can't even walk to my room right now." Dan said.

I chuckled. "I'll go."

---

"What happend to your nose ring?" Logan asked pointing at my nose.

I touched the spot where the ring stays.

"Oh, I removed it earlier today when I went to sleep. Sometimes I just get tired of it and don't put it back on for a few days."

He nodded. "When did you pierce it?"

"When I was seventeen. I pierced it with Kiera, a girl I used to hang out with in high school, you know, besides Sav. We said it would be this 'bestfriends forever' type of thing but I haven't talked to her in months." I chuckled.

He joined. "Yeah, high school friendships rarely last. I don't even think I had best friends back then, just people I'd hang with to spend time."

I nodded. "Yeah. It sucks."

We had a long conversation about a lot of things.
I like the fact that it wasn't forced. It was natural. Even the silences weren't uncomfortable or awkward, like we'd known each other since forever.