Chapter4: Joining the Guild?

Lucy's POV
"Right we're still doing the S-class trials!" Lucy said in surprise as she suddenly remembered her partner that probably needs her help right now. "I need to find Cana and help her find the first master Mavis's grave!" I turn around fixing to run off but then I feel a hand grab my wrist. " You don't think your going alone do you?" I hear Zeref/Zander's voice from behind me and I realize he's the one who stopped me. "Yeah why?" I ask in confusion and he stares at me before sighing. "Obviously I'm coming with you I don't need to lose you a second time." He said in a conflicted voice. After a moment I agree and we take off leaving a dumbfounded Natsu and Happy.

  Time skip~~
After running for what feels like forever searching for both Cana and the grave we stop for a rest. Then all of a sudden I have an idea "Hey Zeref you've been on this island for a while right?" "Yeah why?" He responds while panting. We'll have you ever come across what looks like the grave of someone?" "Wait you said the grave of the person your looking for is your first master Mavis right?" He speaks in a voice of realization. "Yeah so does that mean you know where it is?" "I think so but what about your partner?" "I actually came up with the idea that once we find the grave we can use your telepathy to contact her." I say with slight confidence and hope. "Then I guess we better get going." Zeref/Zander says standing up.

Zeref/Zander's POV (who's still in his disguise in case someone randomly shows up like Natsu did)
"She's really grown up over the years. Both smart and beautiful don't really find that in anyone anymore." I think to myself as we dash off to my old friend Mavis's grave.

Time skip~~
We finally arrived only to find a brown headed woman beat us to it. With a short man who I'm guessing is the current master congratulate her. Then I see Lucy walk past me and approach them "Hey Cana I see you found it congrats on completing this trial sorry I wasn't much help." I watch as she speaks to the woman and realized that's the partner she mentioned. Then I noticed the master walk towards me leaving the two women to talk. "Young man may I ask you what business you have here?" He asks me. "I'm sorry I didn't know this island was owned by a guild I've been staying here thinking it was uninhabited." I respond honestly looking down at him. "I see now I only have one more question for you if you don't mind that is?" He looks at me with the gaze of a father ready to protect his children at any time. "Sure I don't mind." I respond trying to sound casual. "No need to worry young man I was just wondering how you knew Lucy over there?" He points towards her with a smile on his face. Before I can respond Lucy noticed us talking and approaches with Cana following behind. "Hey master I know this island is fairy tail guild members only but he's actually my childhood friend and couldn't risk losing him again." She answers his question for me without realizing it. "I see very well what if he joins the guild then you two can stick together without worrying about any rules?" He grins up at both of us and I see Lucy smile with hope that I'll accept. "Could you give me a little time to think about it?" I look down and ask the master and of course notice Lucy frowning. "Of course but young man may I ask your name?" The master looks up at me still grinning. "Zander." I say the fake name I came up with only to see the master looking up at me expectedly. "No last name?" I wear a solemn expression as I start to speak both the truth and a lie. "Actually when I was younger my parents abandoned me and I never knew my last name." Guilt covered the master's expression as he looked me in the eye. "I'm sorry to hear that." "It's fine besides if that never happened I probably would have never met Lucy." I say looking at her as a grin replaced my earlier expression. I noticed how she looked away with a light blush on her face. "That's good to hear and if you decide to join Fairytail can be your new family." "Come on Zander why not?" Lucy finally chimes into the conversation. "You know why so why are you asking?" I say to her through telepathy. "Because this could be a fresh start for you why waste it?" She responds back and I sigh. "I just can't win against you can I?" I hear her say "What's that supposed to mean?" I don't answer and cut the telepathy off. Seeing Lucy scowl at me I talk to the master "If you really wouldn't mind having me I would like to join the guild." "Very well then you can get the guild mark when we return to Magnolia." He says to me in a fatherly tone. I look towards Lucy and see her jumping up and down in delight.