Ch.6: Reunion between the Dragon king and his daughter

(Italics are people's inner thoughts in this chapter)
Lucy's POV
Me and Cana continued walking through the forest calling the names of our guild mates hoping someone will answer. Sadly no answer came after a while thinking it was hopeless to continue yelling we gave our voices a rest while continuing the search. What feels like an eternity passes and I'm surprised Acnologia hasn't killed us off already. Then we hear a scream pierced the air making me and Cana tense up before rushing the same direction the noise came from. That's when we found Levy, Gajeel, Mira, Erza and Laxus turns out Levy was the one who screamed because she just woke up from being injured and saw the new threat of Acnologia in the distance. As I move to help Mira calm her down I hear Laxus speak up "Hey Lucy any idea why Acnologia is here?" I simply shook my head no looking down sadly and not knowing what to say. Laxus noticed this continued speaking "Lucy is something wrong?" He asks in a concerned voice which kinda surprised me.

Laxus's POV
"I wonder what's going on with Lucy it seems somethings on her mind. Wait has she found out? I want to ask her but if it turns out she hasn't it could cause problems if she doesn't remember soon." Laxus watched the young blonde woman from the side frowning as she kept her eyes on the ground with her face shadowed by her hair. Eventually he approached and taking her hand dragging her along with him away from everyone. Slightly amused at her reaction I stopped once out of earshot but to make sure no one heard anyway I placed any invisible lightning barrier around us. "What's up Laxus?" She asks tilting her head in confusion while looking up at me. "Tch Lucy I've known you for a long time I can tell when somethings wrong. Why can't you just tell me?" I replied slightly annoyed.

Lucy's POV
"Oh crap I can't tell him about what I've remembered just yet I don't even know how I'm going to break the news to anyone in the guild." Internally freaking out I keep a calm face but still give a worried glance towards Laxus and speak part of my worries. "I'm just worried about how we still need to find everyone and even if we do how will we be able to get rid of Acnologia?" "You sure that's all?" I hear Laxus ask in a gruff but concerned voice. "How is it that he knows me so well? I've known him since I joined the guild but we've barely spoke a word to each other." I give him a sharp look before walking past him while I respond in a quiet voice "Yes now can we please return to the others and find a way to deal with the matter at hand?" He gives a "Yeah sure." in response with a tone that I can tell he doesn't believe me. As we walk back I feel the slight pang of guilt in my heart but I'm not sure if it's for lying to a guild mate of it's something more. I shake the feeling away as I hear another ear splitting roar pierced the air but I'm surprised by something. This time I can understand what he said through that roar. I stop in my tracks telling Laxus to go ahead of me and I'll catch up in minute as I repeat in my head what the dragon had said. "Zeref show yourself! It's time we end this and for me to get revenge for what you did to me and my family! I don't want any more unnecessary bloodshed but if it will draw you out I will attack these humans!" "What does he mean by what Zeref did to us? No Lucy focus you have to stop this!" I dash off in the direction of the dragon as I do I pass the camp where the others were waiting for me. "Lucy where are you going?!" Laxus yells being the first to notice me and drawing the attention of the others who also start yelling but I didn't care I continued to run.

Time skip~~ Still Lucy's POV
I finally reached a clearing and after catching my breath I walked out. The dragon looked my way noticing my presence he landed on the ground and I decided to speak up. "Hello Acnologia would it be okay if I spoke with you for a moment?" I asked with a firm yet delicate voice hoping not to anger him as I kept a straight calm face. "Just who are you young women do you not fear me?" He asked in a dragon voice probably no one would understand he knows English but I guess maybe he's testing me. "Why would I fear my own father?" I ask looking up at him with a smile taking him by surprise. "Lucy is that you?" He asks this time in English and a softer tone."Yes father it's really me." I answer honestly and a lone tear escaped my right eye. "I was wondering how a human understood the dragon language now I know it's because it's the very person I taught it to." He says with a slight chuckle while transforming into his human form. I run up to him and he opens his arms then embraced me in a warm hug. "Glad to see your memories are back." He said as he gently plopped a hand on my head while looking at me. "Same here almost can't believe this is real." I respond with a slight giggle. "By the way what did you want to get revenge on Zeref for?" I ask slightly concerned since I know it's most likely a misunderstanding. "What do you mean why? He's the reason why are family was separated and your memories were locked away and replaced with fakes." He clenched his fists in anger and I quickly grabbed one and spoke in a haste. "We were just children back then besides it's not directly his fault people were out to get him and mother only locked my memories away to lessen the pain of him leaving and I'm sure there must be a good reason for her to lock everything else away as well before sending me through the eclipse gate!" I looked up at him with tear filled eyes hoping he would understand. After a moment he sighed and spoke "I see fine I don't plan to fully forgive him yet especially since he's the one who controlled me and turned me into a dragon but since your so hell bent on protecting him I'll allow him to live." "I knew he would understand now to clear up the part about him being a dragon." "Actually dad I don't believe Zeref was the one who did that to you but until proven different I don't blame you for thinking that." I said that out loud as honestly as possible earning a look of disbelief from Acnologia. "If that's what you think I won't completely rule out the chance that he's innocent." He spoke in a low gruff voice. "Thank you dad." I gave him another hug then he spoke and his words surprised me. "You can come out now son." "Wait son?" I turn around to see.....