Ch.22: Heartache and Possession

???'s POV
"I can't wait for father's plan to kick off. That's when the fun begins and I can finally ditch these people for good." I giggled to myself in excitement. Heading to my old room in father's manor I opened the door and went to my dresser. I picked up a lacrima and called my sister to let her know I won't be home tonight. Telling her that I'll be staying with a "friend" instead so she wouldn't find out I'm at dad's and protest against it. After convincing and getting the ok from her I ended the call. Looking up at my reflection in the mirror I sighed but watched as a sadistic grin appeared on my face. "What she doesn't know won't kill her or at least for now it probably won't."

???'s POV
I stared at the woman before me in disbelief. With an eerie grin she addressed me "Hello Lucy or I should probably say the me of the past." It was me but how and why do I look so... Demonic? The me I'm seeing had horns, dark eyes with red irises, black, dark blue with sky blue swirled feathered wings sprouted from the back with a matching scaled tail slightly thrashing back and forth. The thing that caught my eye the most was the dark Crimson red markings all over her body and instead of the Fairy Reaper guild insignia it was Tartaros.

Lucy's POV
"Like what you see? Hope so because your gonna have to get used to it soon." The "future me" smirked as her eyes shined in amusement. "So this is the final part of the test huh? Fighting the me of a possible future that's in store. Great." I rolled my eyes in annoyance  and sighed as I dodged another attack. And so the real battle between past and future commenced.

Time skip~~~
After a long and fierce battle only one Lucy was left standing while the other slowly faded. "Congrats you passed the test. Hope your ready for the next time we face off. Only next time I'll be much harder to deal with. Good luck." With a final smirk and playful glance she vanished. The present Lucy only scoffed and walked off towards the bright light that had appeared behind her. Walking through it she opened her eyes to what appeared to be her original starting position. Only this time the dark void from before was collapsing and disappeared soon after. Lucy then heard the same voice from before speak out of no where. "You have passed the test. Now you may proceed to the final point of this journey. See you soon child." The voice had this motherly tone to it which made Lucy all the more curious about who she is. Lucy walked along the pathway for what had seemed like forever. In this place there was no telling what time it was, how far she had walked or if she was even close to her destination. None the less she continued forward and after a while she came across something that stood out from the scenery. Yet it was so... familiar? "Wait... Don't tell me that's! Great I don't know if I should be happy or mad." Deciding to go with the later. She spoke through gritted teeth as a tick mark appeared on her forehead. "Loki....! What are you doing here?!" Hearing her call he turned to face her adjusting his glasses as he smiled at her. "Oh hey Lucy! About time you got here I've been waiting a while!" The orange headed lion spirit yelled back as he lightly waved. *sighs* "I have so many questions." Lucy whined as she face palmed. Jogging over to her spirit she waited silently for him to explain as they began walking along the pathway. "Well for the question you asked earlier other than to keep you company I really don't know. That voice you heard earlier well all I know is that whoever that women is she's the one that brought me here." Loki nervously scratched the back of his head as he casted a glance at his master. "Loki you don't have to be so nervous it's not like I'm going to punish you or anything." Lucy lightly giggled seeing the look on her spirit's face. Now that Loki was by her side time seemed to move by faster than before and soon they had reached what looked to be a large pavilion. As they approached they noticed a figure wearing a cloak that had the hood down to reveal blonde hair that was tied up in a ponytail. The figure didn't turn around till Lucy and Loki took their first step on the pavilion's floor. When they looked up to see her face however they froze in place Lucy covered her mouth with a hand as Loki jaw dropped. The woman giggled as she addressed them "Come now don't be shy. You have to get over here first if you want your questions to be answered." Snapping out of their daze Lucy and Loki approached her. "Your... My great ancestor... Anna Heartfilia..." Lucy could barely speak and had tears in her eyes. "But why are you here?" Lucy questioned and Anna just let out a small laugh. "Your such a bright girl yet you can't figure that out yourself?" Face palming Lucy groaned as she saw the point. "I'm guessing your here to give me that final power that I'll need to defeat Tartaros..." "Yep now come on." Grabbing Lucy and Loki's hands Anna led them to the center of the pavilion. "Wait am I involved?" Loki asked in a bit of shock. "Simple the transfer requires the aid of one the caster's celestial spirits who she has a strong connection to. It's so you can help her keep it under control instead of letting it run rampant inside her." Anna finished explaining and gave them a reassuring smile as they formed a circle hands entwined and began the transfer ceremony.