Ch.21: Why?

Arashi's POV
I really missed mom even if she's not the one who gave birth to me she treated me as if she was. "What is with this cruel fate I seem to have? It seems bad luck follows me everywhere I go." I quietly whispered to myself. It's been 2 days since mom died and Uncle Laxus took over the guild. Still even with a new master the guild is in utter chaos. One minute someone's mourning the next their throwing a fit of rage I know because I was no better. In the beginning I was throwing fits left and right. I wouldn't let anyone touch me, I would constantly scream to vent my anger and I would break down at the mere mention of mom's name. Now I'm done with looking like a weak child, I'm done with being afraid and I thought that I could finally be happy again. If only that was true...

???'s POV
"Where am I?" My thoughts were interrupted when a soft voice called out "Come child open your eyes. I have something to show you." I opened my eyes to see that I was laying on a wooden bench. Slowly sitting up I look around to see that to the right of me there's a stone pathway with cherry blossom trees in full bloom. While to the left was nothing but what looked like a dark abyss ready to suck me in at any moment. Remembering that I had heard a voice before I continued to look around trying to find the source. "Sorry child but your not gonna find me by just looking around. The only way you'll find me is if you pass this test." The voice was soft and caring but had a bit of a challenging tone to it. "What test? Where am I?" I asked as politely as possible. "All you need to know is that we're in your mind right now. This test is to see if you are ready for the final stage of your true strength. If you fail the celestial kingdom will fall and everything you know will fall to ruin. If you succeed you can defeat Tartaros and save both the celestial and earth kingdoms but it may come at a price. To your left where the darkness resides is where your journey begins. I wish I could warn you of the danger ahead but sadly I do not know. This place constantly changes like a labyrinth there's no telling what the ending results will be. Good luck." Knowing that the voice is gone and no more of my questions will be answered I slowly got up and turned to the left. Taking a deep breath I walked forward and disappeared into the darkness.

Arashi's POV ~~ 5 days later
Some old friends of mom's who introduced themselves as Gray, Gajeel, Levy, Wendy and the exceeds Happy, Carla and PantherLily. Who had come bursting in through the doors about an hour ago looking for her. I'm not sure why but both of my uncles had looked extremely mad about it. Before a fight could break out I managed to step between them and asked Laxus to let them stay a little while. He hesitated but agreed and I went on to explain what had happened. I had my eyes closed the whole time to stop myself from crying but when I opened them there was a pitiful sight before me. All of them had tears in there eyes and were either crying or sniffling as they tried to hold it in. I had heard what had happened between mom and these fairies for that mom had named this guild after her thirst for revenge. After everything they did why do they care about her so much now? Why do they cry? Was it for her or themselves? Maybe both? Nothing in this world makes any sense any more. "I wish I had the power to bring you back. Not just for me but for all of us. We can't be happy without you here even if our lives depended on it. Even if was your very last wish for us it's just impossible." I mumbled to myself as I left the guild heading back to our home in the woods.

Ankhseram's POV
Hearing the door open I turned to see someone enter the room and we both smiled to each other. "So Jackal what of our blonde captive? Has she awoken yet?" As I asked for I couldn't wait to carry out the next part of my plan. "Not yet but she should be soon." He answered as he had the same grin as me plastered on his face. After that Jackal left as a young girl took his place. "Father I hope you've been well and having a good time." She smirked knowingly at me as her eyes glinted in mischief. "Yes I have. Now I trust that you've done your job of leading those little friends of yours into the trap yes?" I looked her in the eye as I was both happy but also serious with her right now. "Yes they have. Thanks to their incompetence stage 2 of your plan is complete."

???'s POV
"You call this a test more like sending me straight to my death! When will this "test" end?" I grumbled to myself as I dodged another attack from some hooded figure I was fighting at the moment. So far I've fought monsters, battled my inner demons and faced my worst nightmares that was somehow brought from just an illusion to what felt like real life. Now I'm fighting some hooded figure who's proving to be the hardest challenge yet but at the same time seems familiar. I casted a small attack spell towards the figure as a distraction so I could charge at it. Once I was within range I swung my scythe but they managed to dodge I did however manage to rip the hood of the cloak off. Jumping away I looked towards the enemy only to be shocked at the sight before me.