Ch.20: To late?

2 weeks later/ Lucy's POV
"Mom how did I do?!" I couldn't help but giggle a bit at the sight of the young boy a little ways ahead of me before answering him "You did great Arashi! You've really improved." As I thought to myself "To think that this is the same boy I met and took in two weeks ago. He's sure come a long way even if I'm the only one who sees this side of him." Right now we're in a forest not to far from the guild hall and I'm trying to help Arashi gain better control of his power and instincts. Just now he had made a storm cloud big enough to fit 3 to 5 people under it and managed to make a bolt of lightning strike the middle of the ground beneath it. We had been at it for about 3 hours now with Arashi taking breaks in between for me to teach him hand to hand combat as he waited for his magic energy to replenish a bit. For the final hour of training I had Arashi shape shift into his natural thunderbird form to work on speed and agility that could help him safe himself and others from enemy fire in the future. For now he stays behind at the guild hall with me or one of my brothers while the rest go out on different missions. "There's still things about the future that I'm scared of. What will happen when Arashi goes on his first mission and sees the other side of me? What will he think of me afterwards? Or worse what if when he finds out he's so shocked he freezes and gets himself killed? Ugh I wouldn't be able to live with myself! And what about Tartaros I still haven't found a way to stop them!" I must've zoned out during my internal battle with myself because all of a sudden I feel something or someone tucking on my sleeve. I look down to my left to see Arashi looking up back at me with worried eyes. "Mom are you ok?" "Aw... I'm actually really surprised he's already calling me mom after such a short time." I smiled down at him before patting his head. "Don't worry son momma was just thinking about something real quick. Now come on we better get home before dark." After hearing a small ok I decided to summon Plue from the celestial world and let Arashi carry him. That's when I heard what sounded like an explosion in the distance. I looked back behind us to see a tree hurling in our direction without warning I quickly snatch up Arashi and Plue and jump out of the way just in time. Right after the tree hits hits the ground right where we were standing moments before. "Arashi I want you to morph and fly back to the guild as fast as possible to get the others." After taking a moment to recover from the shock he did as he was told and left. I stayed in my position keeping my guard up high ready for anything or anyone to show. Another tree came hurdling at me only this time as I dodged I got caught up in a blast as it exploded as soon as it touched the ground. I stood up dusting myself off and quickly healing any minor burns. I hear evil laughter erupt from the bushes up ahead as a figure slowly draws closer. Finally a being emerges from the shadows of the woods who appears to be a young male with multiple animal like features such as ears, a tail and sharp teeth. Looking me dead in the eye he called out to me "Well aren't you a resilient one? That's good maybe I can have a little fun before capturing you since I don't have the pleasure of killing you. Hm what do you say?" He smirks at me as I think "Great I'm stuck fighting a sadistic psychopath. Still judging from his tone if he's not allowed to kill me he must be part of some dark guild." Then that's when I realized "Wait there's some king of emblem on his chest. Great not only is he a sadistic psychopath but a member of Tartaros. Why does life hate me?" I groan as I pull out my keys and whip as I prepare for this fight to unfold.

Back at the Fairy Reaper guild hall
The doors of the guild burst open as a small figure swooped in as fast as lightning. Gaining the attention of everyone inside he slowed down and landed on the bar. The figure shape shifted into a small child and started yelling out in a frenzy "You have to hurry! Mom's in danger! She's being attacked by someone!" Everyone shot up from their chairs ready to help as Laxus appeared next to the boy "Lead the way Arashi but as soon as we get there I want you to return understand?" Arashi nodded turning back into his Thunderbird form with the twins morphing into their Phoenix forms. Right after everyone shot out of the guild following Arashi's lead however when they got there it was a terrible sight to behold. Grass and trees burnt to a charred crisp while other trees had been knocked over a few places even had small fires in a few areas. The thing that caught everyone's attention though was the charred unidentifiable body that lay in the middle of the field. They had been to late the Lucy they had known and loved was gone. Every soul present was filled with sadness but also boiling hot rage. Laxus stormed off to punch a near by tree screaming in anger as he silently sobbed in between. Sebastian just stared at the body wide eyed not being able to comprehend anything. Arashi who had landed before the body turned human as he cried out in pain and agony. The twins turned human as well Sephora fell to knees as she cried with her face buried in her hands. Aviana bent down holding her sister close as she herself was crying and felt as if she was dying on the inside. Liam averted his eyes trying to look anywhere but the sight in front of him as shed a single tear trying to keep everything bottled up inside. Roxanne stepped forward trying to gently pick up Arashi so she could comfort the boy as she silently cried inside. Arashi did not like this attempt he thrashed and kicked and when that didn't work he glared at her as a thunder cloud formed over their heads "Let. Me. Go." At this point Roxanne had no choice in the matter and gently set him down on the ground. At this moment everyone present was having the exact same thoughts "Why?! Why to her of all people?! Whoever did this will pay! Whether it's one or a million it's time to fight and get revenge!"

Laxus's POV
"It must have been Tartaros that did this. There's no other possible way of Lucy being beaten. Well they messed with the wrong people. I know we were gonna have to fight them sooner or later to protect the celestial kingdom but... They just made this extra personal. The celestial King will not be happy about this news. Now it's war!"