5

It's been a week since starting at my new school. I met some pretty cool people. I've become really close with two girls, Toni and Charlotte. This weekend was Sunday's birthday party, everyone was invited including me which I thought was a bit odd. Sunday is Mary's best friend and although Mary hasn't been bothering me that much I still felt a bit sus about getting invited. Toni and Charlotte being the party animals they are basically forced me to come. 

The girls got really dressed up but I wasn't in to all that so I chucked on an outfit and Toni did my hair. 

I was sitting there waiting for the girls to finish piling on their makeup when I got a text

Unknown - I wouldn't go tonight, trust me I'm trying to protect you.

Y/n - Who is this?

Unknown - All you need to know is that I care about you and I don't think you should put yourself in danger. Mary can go above and beyond.

I didn't know who this was but I didn't want it to ruin my night and the girls. I decided to go anyway and see what happens. 

Toni, Charlotte and I rocked up to the party and I saw the one person I didn't want to see there, Sam and of course he was all over Mary. I spotted Ruel sitting in the corner looking down so I walked up to him. I thought maybe seeing him it would make me happier. He looked up at me and smiled. His smile was so sweet and genuine. As soon as Ruel opened his mouth to say something Sam grabbed my arm tightly. I don't know why but tears just started streaming out of my eyes.  Ruel jumped up but Sam straight away hit him square in the face. He then left with Mary following. Levi and I went rushing to Ruel's aid. Sunday then led us to a quiet room full of records. she got Ruel some ice and when leaving us alone she mumbled the words....

"I knew this wasn't going to end well."

I sat Ruel down and Levi left.

"Who is that jerk."

"Sam, he's my ex."

I sat down next to Ruel and put my arm around his shoulder trying to comfort him. 

"You know he doesn't deserve you."

I blush.

"I wish I knew that before."
"It's ok I could teach you how you should be treated."

"What do you mean by that?"

He stood up and turned on the record player, grabbed me by the waist and started slow dancing. 

"This is what I mean."

"I could get use to this."

He then leaned in a kissed me and I kissed back. We ended up dancing for a hour, it was the best night I had had for a while. Then Toni and Charlotte came into the room looking like a hot mess. They wanted me to drive them home. I kissed Ruel on the cheek and whispered in his ear. 

"Come find me at midnight."

"But I don't have your number or address." 

"You know where to find it." 

As I walked out he just stood there for a while trying to figure out what I meant and then when I was approaching the front door I heard...

"LEVI!!!"

I chuckled to myself and kept walking.