21

It's been a week since Gabriella took my role. Each day is rehearsal and even though I'm not required to be there I am. I'm really trying my hardest to prove that this role is rightfully mine.

Ruel and I have been more distant than normal because of all this rehearsing and as much as I hate it I understand.

I woke up and did the usual than went down stairs. Ruel has been rehearsing in the mornings as well and sometimes I come along to watch. Today I was running late though. I quickly headed down stairs and say goodbye to my fam. I head to the bus stop and hope on.

I arrive at school about half an hour earlier

I arrive at school about half an hour earlier. Ruel has been rehearsing for about an hour now so I've missed most of it but it won't matter much. As I enter the theatre Gabriella's face turns sour as soon as she lays eyes on me but on the other hand Ruel's face lights up. He jumps off the stage and gives me a huge hug then kisses my forehead.

Ruel- good morning beautiful
Y/n- heyo troy
Ruel- I miss you as my Gabriella but I might not have to for long. Gabriella is really struggling with her lines.
Y/n- fuck really, that sucks I hope she can lift her game the shows in like a week.
Ruel- you are so selfless and kind, I know you've been practicing hard maybe you can get your role back.
Y/n- we'll see what happens
Teacher- come on Ruel back up to stage, good morning y/n
Ruel- two seconds
Y/n- good morning

Ruel then plants a soft kiss on my lips and winks and gets back up to stage. I take a seat and observe.

Ruel was right, Gabriella was messing up most of the words. I don't understand.

Ruel- can I suggest something, teach?
Teacher- anything help me out
Gabriella- hey it's not that bad
Ruel- what if I run through the same scene but with y/n to give Gabriella an example.

Ruel looks my way and winks.

Ruel- she's been working really hard and knows the whole script off by heart.
Teacher- come on y/n get up here and show us what you've got
Y/n- I don't want to intrude
Teacher- nonsense

I get up on stage and Ruel gives me a toothy grin. We run through the scene flawlessly and the teacher is looking impressed.

Gabriella- that was ugh
Teacher- I think it was great, you should watch and learn Gabriella.
Ruel- I know this is late notice but what if y/n takes back her role?
Y/n- I don't know
Gabriella- that's so unfair
Ruel- so was how you took the role off y/n in the first place. It's obvious you don't want it as much as y/n.
Teacher- let me think about it.
Y/n- thank you

You turn to Ruel and give him the biggest hug. You both realise and plant your lips into each other's, both smiling into the kiss.