16

Ruel and I were sitting in first period waiting for our teacher to get her shit together. Today was the day that the results were being announced. I was sitting at the desk with nervous energy surrounding me. Ruel took notice of this pretty quickly and just engulfed me into a hug. It never ceases to amaze me how Ruel's touch can calm me. We sat there for a moment until Mary arrived late, not because she was actually running late but because she wanted to make an entrance.

Second period came along which was the class assigned to the musical. Ruel, Levi, Toni and I sat together while waiting for the results. Our teacher comes in and everyone goes quiet. She welcomes the class then goes straight to the results.
The Troy Bolton is going to be the wonderful Ruel,
Chad Danforth will be Jack,
Ryan Evans will be Levi,
So now the girls, Gabriella Montez was a close call but I think Y/n Yl/n is best fitted for the role and that leaves Sharpay Evans to Mary and Taylor Mckessie to Toni.

I was so surprised I thought I didn't have a chance. Before I could react I was engulfed by Ruel's calming hug and felt on top of the world.

It was the end of the day and Ruel and I went back to his house.

We greeted his mum and went upstairs, practised our lines and just discussed how excited we were. After an hour of practising we snuggled together on his bed. My head on his chest, me listening to his heartbeat and him entangling his fingers through my hair. I was sat like this for only ten minutes and managed to fall asleep. Ruel was amused by this, he ended up falling asleep too until his mum came in a woke us up. It was 8 pm and my mum was blowing up my phone, wondering why I wasn't home yet and quickly got up, said my goodbyes and headed home.