7

The next day at school. Ruel and I were in history and watching the movie The Boy in The Striped Pyjamas. I was face down on the desk with my eyes closed because I was so tired from the night before. Ruel was playing with my brown curly hair making me even more sleepy and relaxed. Unfortunately we had little miss perfect, Mary, in our class who was watching us like a hawk.  Mary was in most my classes but I was lucky that Ruel, Levi, Charlotte and Toni were too. 

Next class was P.E which was the class all the girls basically wore as little as possible and pretended to suck at sports. I actually loved sports so in P.E I tried. 

In P.E we were playing basketball, which was my favourite and I would say that I'm pretty good at it. I was on Ruel's team and we made a pretty good pair, assisting each other and overall having a good time. I was going up for a layup when Mary decided she wanted to participate. She quickly rushed directly in front of me causing me to trip over. It was obvious it was purposeful she smiled and walked away. It hurt like a bitch but I stood up and managed to get myself to the bathroom without falling apart and crying. I kept telling myself I couldn't cry in front of Mary because then she would get her way. As I was making my way to the bathroom Ruel followed. I felt his hands around my waist which brought comfort. 

"You were fucking sick out there, we made a great team!"

"Aha yea." I said dully 

"Mary is just jealous, she'll never be as good as you Y/n."

"Aw I don't know she's really pretty I could only dream."

Ruel just laughed and kissed my cheek and as he pulled away he whispered in my ear

"Never."

*After school*

I got home and received a text from Ruel

Ruel - Are you able to come over I need to tell you something.

Y/n - for sure but you're worrying me.

Ruel - Don't be I promise it's not bad.

Y/n - Be there in 5.

I made my way to Ruel's house and knocked on his door. Ruel's mum let me in and told me Ruel was upstairs. I thanked her then ran up to Ruel's room. As I approached his room I heard singing but it was really good. I was shocked. I stood at his door just listening. His voice was so strong and emotive. I slowly opened the door and started clapping, slowly. He turned around and blushed. 

"Fuck Ruel, you're really good."

"That means a lot."

"So what did you need to tell me?"

"Oh, um sit down. So as you just heard I'm a singer and today I found out that some people in America want to sign me."

"Wow that's incredible but how come I didn't hear about this earlier."

"I just knew how you would react you would want me to go but I don't know, it's sick but it'll mean I'm going to be away from you, my family and Levi for a while."

"Oh I didn't think about that. Well there is always text and facetime and I know I'm happy to stay up till whatever hours to speak to you."

"I guess so it's just I'm so young and I don't know if I could deal with all this pressure."

"I know you can Ruel. You're amazing and you know if you ever need someone to talk to that we will all be here to support you especially me."

I went to continue but was cut off by Ruel's lips pushing against mine. The kiss was filled with passion and lasted what felt like forever. 

"I love you Y/n."

"I love you so much Ruel."