20

We sit down Ruel's hand still in mine. The teacher is now centre stage holding a clipboard. My hands begin to shake and Ruel's thumb slowly rubs the palm of my hand to calm me down.

Teacher- I have taken consideration of all circumstances but I truely believe that Gabriella is best suited for the role, I'm sorry y/n but you will now be playing the understudy.

I hear Mary snicker, of course she would. Then Gabriella gets up and every applauds her, apart from Levi. I even applaud her as much as I hate it.

Levi- this is so unfair!
Y/n- it's ok Levi, don't worry
Levi- no it's not ok
Y/n- just can we discuss this later
Levi- but...
Y/n- Levi please

I get out of my seat to leave and so does Ruel and Levi till the teacher stops us.

Teacher- Ruel please stay back we need to start rehearsing with you and Gabriella.

Ruel gives me a look and I know exactly what he was about to do.

Ruel- I'm not sure if I want..
Y/n- Ruel you got to be kidding me, we all know you are made for this, go it's ok, trust me
Ruel- fine but know that I'll be thinking of you this whole time and how I'd rather be at home with you cuddling.
Y/n- we can do that anytime, go show them what you have

Levi and I walk out and go to Levi's home. as soon as we get there I burst, tears fill my eyes and over fill. Levi engulfs me into a hug.

Levi- hey hey hey don't worry, I have a feeling everything will be fine
Y/n- b-but what if they fall for each other and Ruel leaves me
Levi- don't be stupid y/n, Ruel was about to walk out.
Y/n- I guess
Levi- now you need to rehearse
Y/n- why I'm only understudy
Levi- yea but we all know you make a better Gabriella and if we can just prove that by working hard.
Y/n- what's the point
Levi- the point is you deserve this role and I'm not fucking stopping til you get it

You laugh at Levi and give him a hug. You give in to his plan and start rehearsing. After an hour or so you go home. You enter and are engulfed by hugs from your parents, Ruel must have told them. They let go.

Mum- hey y/n everything will work out ok.
Dad- yeah just make sure you work hard and everything will be ok.
Y/n- thanks guys
Mum- now go upstairs there is someone waiting

As soon as they say that I run up the stairs and go straight to my door, I swing it open and there he is, Ruel laying on my bed. He gets up and engulfs me in a hug then pulls me onto the bed wrapping his arms around me.

Y/n- aww let go
Ruel- no never I want to cuddle
Y/n- aha but I need to do homework and so do you
Ruel- homework can wait I want to cuddle my perfect girlfriend
Y/n- aha perfect that's funny because last time I checked I can't even keep my role

A single tear falls slowly down my cheek.

Ruel- hey hey hey, y/n don't cry. Everything will be ok, I love you and I'm never going to stop loving you.
Levi told me everything. I'm never leaving you, ok, especially not for her, ugh.

I giggle

Ruel- you're giggle is so cute, I love you.
Y/n- I love you too
Ruel- now let's get your part back
Y/n- alright Tory
Ruel- let's do this thing Gabriella

We give each other a small smile and start running lines but end up falling asleep on each other. Mum walks in and instead of waking Ruel calls his mum and lets us be. A bad day ended better because of this boy, I'm deeply in love with him.