ll੭ll To Pacify The Mistake

Glorious, exotic...

Crack. The sharp pain going down my spine and sound of my bones being snapped into place confirmed it. That girl, Mani, nearly shattered my spinal cord without even battering an eye about it. I stir on the cold gravel crushing my skin beneath me, wheezing for breathe. Being an Alpha's son, my healing was better than most in timing, one thing I was truly grateful for.

Her scent was woven in my thoughts as well as lost on a wandering breeze that rustled the trees branches above. I could've sworn I saw her dark halo of hair whip in the breeze as she had sauntered away with her chirpy friends, walking on her own accord like ripple of pooling night. That is until she had halted and turned to look right at me while one friends, the one in the pink and sunny yellow, had to drag her away by an elbow. I had to blink, so I did and was suddenly surrendered to the cold sleep tugging at me.

"Greysan!" A voice called from afar, but sounded as if it were a few meters away.

"Mani," I heave, gulping some more air.

"That's what you ask for first?! You say her bloody name!" Luciano remarked.

Sylis growls from our lips, his restraint wasn't any better than mine. "She's your Luna as well as mine. Respect her like one before I lay your grave where you've fallen."

I felt Luciano shake his head angrily, releasing a really loud groan. "I really need that Sengara's chick number."

My ears twitched. The laughter of a female, a sweet melodious sound, as low as it was bristled with the icy wind towards me. She couldn't have been more than half of a mile away, down in the direction where the chatter of people and ruckus of the parade could be heard.

"Come on," I holler to Luciano, rising to my two feet. Luciano's men were still out cold, bodies mangled from whatever was done to them by that female she-wolf.

Not caring whether he was still clutching his stomach or in the midst of dry heaving, I kick Luciano's ass and call again for his ass to come along before racing out the park entrance, onto the silent street and out a path between the trees to an opening where the sun spiked my eyes.

The road was crowded, and she was no where visible. I swore, earning me a few dirty looks by the people who had managed to hear.

"Greysan! You son-of-bit-" I smack Luciano in the stomach.

He grunts, holding his abdominal region. "Really!"

"Shush," I snap, putting my sense to the ultimate test of locating our Mate in the festering crowd. My hair was lathered with dirt and small tiny pebbles between locks when my hand combed through.

There wasn't a single corner unattended too, herds of people walking in all directions and all wearing relatively similar outfits and adornments worn. Flamboyant colors of varying fabrics, all shiny and full of sparkles; females in the tunic-like shirts to their knees and most with baggy trousers if not a few in tights and the exception of a few in floor length skirts. All were with some type of jewelry adorning their neck, ears, a few heads and fingers, and also always a matching or contrasting shawl draped, pinned or however styled.

Men had long tunics to the bend of their knees or til mid thigh, with more straight cut trouser and some with a more plainer rectangular piece of cloth, mostly white around their shoulders. Many worn colored turbans and a lot of gold chains and rings. A lot of gold, as if the nation's supply of gold was all here on the streets worn by these people even by the men.

There was so much colour, spotting a dark haired girl in an all black attire should've been like finding a neon highlighter in a pack of dull pencils but it was being proven much like finding Waldo in this candy cane striped sack. It was also painful to my eyes to see so much colour.

"The parade? If she's here, it's better we wait back home with a couple of vodka bottles. There's no way we can find her among these many people, besides, I don't know about you but I am starved."

"No, we find her." I say more breathlessly than I should've.

"I got a plate of nacho and wings awaiting for us," he mused rather hopefully.

"Didn't I say no?"

"She lives three houses down the curve from us, literally Greysan!" He exclaimed. "She's bound to return home."

"We need to find her Luciano," I repeat more firmly. "Sylis is getting on the verge of ripping a few heads if he doesn't catch a whiff of her scent again."

"Greysan," Luciano sighed, grabbing my arm. "Come on, you just came from a 5 hour flight and there's over 2 thousand people here. You'll have a better chance back home, you can stalk her from the rooftop with binoculars for all I care."

How could I explain to him that I needed to apologize right now for loosing control to Sylis when I caught a hold of her and had her backed up against a tree in fear. Though she never allowed it to show in those chocolate whipped eyes, I could smell it like a repellent in the back of mind where I was trapped to the wolf inside. Even when her friend had broken free of Luciano and grinned at me, Sylis felt the colour of our face drain when he knew he messed up. It was too late then, but never too late to pacify the mistake done.

Sylis has us pull away, not glancing an eye back to Luciano before darting for the crowd's heart.

...

Actual picture taken in 2018 by my dad in our home city.

So this update is dedicated to a special women who didn't give birth to me but has endlessly supported my passion for writing without question.
She's always supported me regardless of anything and made me want to always write despite always reminding me Rhysand is fictional and I can't be his wife.
Without her, however, I wouldn't have been on Wattpad, EVER, so cheers and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MOTHER TANIYA♥️👑
xXLightingTheNightXx

~xm_vermanx15~