ll੧੮ll ..Unnatural...

It was like any other morning, the quietness and seriousness looming the air among us all seated on the kitchen table. The French toast had grown cold an hour ago, the smell of the spiced garlic-ginger tea my parents drank was still heavy in the air; the scent made me want to gag. Like every Sunday, I sat isolated next to the wall and my father, doing absolutely nothing; I was never hungry in the morning.

My mom was at the other head of the table, right in front of me, dressed in her furry cream robe, hair bound in a low bun, tentatively sipping her tea in the mug twice her usual serving while staring out the window aimlessly. "Bol."

I blinked twice. My father hadn't bother to raise his nose from his newspaper. Neither had my sister glanced up from her iPad.

I was wishing to speak but words were failing. "I-."

"What is it?" She snapped impatiently, slamming her mug down. "Do I have a spider on my forehead? Stop staring!"

Always a short fuse.

"I-I," I stuttered, gritting my head, fist balling my own robe. "I w-wanted to ask you if I could go out-"

She gave a harsh laugh, staring straight into my eyes. The clinking of her newly done nails against the glass had also paused. "You really must do something with that stutter. Your mother-in-law would be ashamed to take you anywhere."

"What makes you think I want to be owned by one?" I asked lowly, not meeting her eyes. Coward.

"Don't fret. I'll just find a guy whose mother has passed," she said indifferently, sipping again and sighing. "Although, I would love to see how much she makes you work."

To contain my anger and tears, I began to recite the first chapter to Harry Potter in my head. I knew the first four chapters word by word. By thinking of how Harry and I were the odd ones, it was always seemed to calmed and remind me I'm not alone in a muggle filled world.

My father snorted at the remark, folding his paper. "What if she finds one herself, jaan?"

"She isn't allowed to date," my mother frowned at her husband.

Scoffing, my father grumbles to me as if he heard nothing of what mother told him. "Meinu ki. Get a career and then think of boyfriends."

"No boyfriends, even if he's loaded," my mother snapped, but quickly added with another drink, the mug nestled in her hands. "I better get the latest Mercedes, and maybe, 2 paid tickets for a week cruise to Alaska when you get a career. That's it. I'm not asking for much."

I resisted rolling my eyes. Nothing new.

She couldn't stop herself from insulting me these days. Fortunately, but sadly, I had grown immune to her since the delicate age of ten. I should've know they're no help.

Rising to my feet, I collected the dishes and cups and began to do the dishes as my parents and sister trickled out as quickly as they always came whenever I started making breakfast. Weekends were my cooking days, all three meals and snacks in between.

Fortunately, when I was done, my parents had returned to their beds for their afternoon naps. My sister was most likely gaming in the study on the specially bought computer. I was alone and gratefully so.

Drying my hands on the dish cloth, I chucked it into the laundry hamper before grabbing my worn olive jacket off the rack. The lanyard was hanging itself from the pocket, my phone tucked into the other pocket.

My heart was thundering from the rebellious thought of leaving without a word. It would only be a while. I'd be back in time to make dinner.

Tumbling the lock into place, I waited to hear the scream for me to return.

One second...thirty seconds...one minute.

With the speed of light, I turned and began the slow walk to the park stolen between houses, thinking any second I would hear my parents beckon me back when they realize what I was doing. I had disarmed the security cameras. Hopefully, I would be not be missed, as always.

...

"It's not funny, Greysan!"

"It is hilarious. They don't expect you date and expect you to marry so young," Greysan's eyes darkened, his laughter dying to embers. He crossed his arms and sat down besides me on the wooden logs lining the perimeters. "Hey, smile."

"You are no help!" I mumble, flicking a speck of dirt on the panda's face on my pjs. "I just, wanted to you talk to someone and you're just, I don't know."

The thought of my mother's beautiful nails came to mind, the way they were so well cared for. I could hardly glance at my shortly cut and uneven nails with a cringe. Why would he chose to hold my hand for anything?

"I'm listening!" He remarked, hugging me from behind. Since we were seated parallel, I lost my balance and went tumbling into the grass. I yelped, Greysan laughing beside me before he rose above me. Those familiar sparks fluttered to life.

"I will always listen to you. Speak all you want, cry yourself hoarse, but I'll be here. I'm always here. I won't say a word unless you want me too." He inched closer, and kissed me deeply, as if we the only the ones.

Tragically, however, the group of elderly traditional women, the bibis, were seated only a few meters away and gasping at the sight of us sprawled on the grass, kissing, angrily gawking as if it was it was unnatural to find young love.

...

Second semester!

Am I ready? No.

Do I want to know who is in my classes? Not really.

Am I ready for precal? Never.

Can't believe one semester of grade 12 is gone🥺

() Bol ~Speak

()Jaan ~Love, equivalent to calling someone 'my love'

()Meinu Ki ~What's it with me?

~xm_vermanx15~

BTW, I hated English this last semester. I hardly even got a B😭